Sunday, April 10, 2011

It’s a lip.

Once upon a time, my sister Amy asked my cousin Clay a very compelling question.  It was, “Should I marry for love or for money?”  And my cousin Clay gave a very astute and perceptive answer.  “Don’t marry for money, you can always get money.  Don’t marry for love, love can grow.  Marry for looks, cause if you’re ugly, you’re ugly to the bone.”
Good story, yes; but I bring it up for a reason.  You see, my husband went mountain biking yesterday and came home looking like this:
IMGP7956
Don’t you love his glare?  Ha ha.  He had a bit of a wreck, fought with a tree, and the tree won.  Care for another look?
IMGP7957
He went to the hospital because he figured he’d need stitches, and they checked him out and put a stitch in his lip.  But, they told him he’d have to come back tomorrow and have the plastic surgeon look at it because they were highly doubtful the skin would heal.  They figured it would just die, in which case he would have to have a little skin graft.  Now, I was thinking about it and figured that if he had skin from somewhere else, it probably wouldn’t grow hair.  Now we’re getting back to the opening story--   If you’ll remember from THIS post, I have a hot husband, and also please note that I love his facial hair.  So, my question is, if he can’t grow facial hair, do I get my money back? 
I’m kidding!  I’m sure a clean-shaven scar-face Brett would be handsome too, and I would still love him.
Actually though, he went to see the plastic surgeon today and he quickly looked at it and said that yep, it will scar, and it will probably pull his lip up a bit because of the tightening of the scar.  (Oh no—now he’ll never be a teen model!)  And that they never take skin off the face, because that would only make it worse.   (Brett was really annoyed that he had to go back in to hear that, instead of just finding it out the first time around.)  Now, let’s not have too many jokes about keeping a stiff upper lip and all that.  Ha ha!
But really, we’re just grateful that he doesn’t have a broken neck (though he does have a sore back and has been hobbling around like a rheumatic old man, and also he keeps telling me not to make him laugh because it hurts his face), and that he still has his teeth, and that it’s only a lip.  Of course, if you’re like my friend Bob, a lip is actually kindof a big deal.


Anyhow.  We thought it was really too bad Jethro (who was on the bike ride with Brett, and was waiting at the bottom of the steep part of the trail) didn’t have a video camera going, because then Brett’s wreck could be on failblog.org.  Kindof like this one.
Or this one.

The end.

6 comments:

Gigi said...

I'd be more concerned about the lip affecting his kissing capability than his looks Kayli. ha! ha!

Christine Merrill said...

Wow, Brett...that's impressive, even for you! And that's saying something...

Kayli - you take pictures at a time like that? You don't run around panicking? :)

Charlotte said...

Poor Brett. On another note, I love fail blog! lol

Lynn said...

Oh man! Those pics were REALLY hard to look at. OUCH!!! Poor guy. What a rough way to get to being clean shaven. Yikes. Next time just pick up a razor.

Hope it heals well soon. Ouch ouch ouch.

You are right....good thing there's no broken neck involved.

Megan said...

Sorry about your lip Brett!!!!

Anonymous said...

Too bad I wasn't there to do the clean-up!!!! I am sure you were sore all over the next day! Hope you are feeling better. Love all the pics Kayli. The view of the open valley is beautiful. Cute pics of kids - can't wait to see you. Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails