Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A picture of Hazel and lists.

I went out when the sun was going down to take some pictures of the sunset, except the sunset wasn’t a very good sunset.  And besides it’s much more fun to take pictures of Hazel.  There were a lot of very cute ones (she was being very silly) but I’ll have to post them later.  Except for one, which I really loooved.

number1

So, last Friday I was feeling all motivatedish and cool, and I wrote down a schedule of my days- so that I can include reading scriptures, exercising, AND housework in my day instead of just one of the three, I wrote down which housework to do on which day of the week, I wrote down a list of things to clean before my mom comes, and then I remembered that this week is the first of 3 weeks of the kids being on spring break, so my lists have all gone unused.  (But even if it wasn’t spring break the lists probably would have been stuffed on the shelf anyway.  That is how it is with me.  On occasion I Dream Big, yes I do –organization, ambition, diligence!  Then I go back to being happily me.  :)  )  But, you’ll be impressed to note that I did clean the bathroom today and picked up and tidied the whole house yesterday including clearing off a couple countertops that haven’t seen the sun for weeks, and was all pumped for having a really clean-looking house, except then I went to use the vacuum and remembered it was broken and Brett hadn’t fixed it yet.  So that basically killed the clean look.

So.  That was a lot of blabber about nothing much.  Only ONE MONTH until my mom and dad get here!!!!  WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I’m soooo excited!  I have all our days planned with fabulous things (and am praying for good weather!) which I’m so excited about and the kids are so excited and I can’t wait to see them and be with them!  Note: my mom is coming to see ME on Mother’s Day.  Just goes to show I am her favorite child.  :)

number 4

3 comments:

Lynn said...

lol. Here's wishing the BEST mother's Day coming up for you ever. ; D Sounds all SO exciting for your parents. I can only imagine all the cool things you've planned for them. They'll love it I am sure.

Rachael said...

I have lists like that! If you want to be super OCD like me, a plastic sheet protector and dry-erase marker makes them reusable. :-) (Somehow it makes me feel like I've accomplished more when I can cross off things like "bathe kids," because hey, my kids are now non-stinky and it's official!)

Hope you guys have a fantastic Mother's Day with your parents!! Blog about it all. Lots of pictures. Hopefully I will be in the hospital with a new baby and I'll need something to read.

Andrea said...

Hmm. Favorite?? You do dream big. As for me--these days I dream about not shrieking in agony while nursing Lady Harriet and getting more sleep. To that end, I'm going to bed. Good night.

PS--If your kids got into more trouble you would have less to clean. Today Miriam had to do the lunch dishes because she dawdled folding her batch of laundry (her morning chore) and then Cowen had to vacuum for climbing over the fence into the neighbor's yard and ripping his pants. The second pair of pants he's ripped climbing the fence in the past two weeks.

Therefore, I firmly believe that misbehaving children are not all bad, in that they decrease the amount of work mother has to do doing work. On the other hand, they increase the amount of work mothers do getting children to do work. Life is never simple.

Related Posts with Thumbnails