Thursday, April 14, 2011

Request

A while ago my aunt and uncle went to the Dominican Republic and while they were there they met this family, and they posted these pictures and info on our family website:

14 month old Eliezar grabbed a cord & pulled a pot of boiling water over himself.   The group staying in our villa in the DR were able to contribute enough funds to allow him to be treated in the burn unit.

image

The baby's recovery has been miraculous, but the family still owes over $2500 -more than 2 years salary.   The father is a very humble bishop.  

image

The Gardners live in a dirt floor shack.   If anyone in the family would like to help cover their medical expenses, we are collecting donations to send to them.   Thanks so much for your help! (This photo was taken in the grandparents home)

image

When I saw and read that, it really tugged at my heart.  I could imagine the kind of worry they must be experiencing.  Once when we were on vacation, Hazel had an accident and had to go to the hospital, and our (stupid) insurance wouldn’t cover it because it wasn’t in our state, so we were going to have to pay the hospital bill.  Which was huge.  (Hazel was fine by the way, luckily.)  But the hospital had a program for those like us who needed help, and we were soo soo grateful to be relieved of that!  So I just thought that it would be great to be able to pass on that same kind of relief from strain that we felt. 

So I just thought that if anyone else wanted to and could help out, that would be awesome.  Every little bit would be appreciated, I know.  So if you want to send a donation of any size, just email me – dpkayli at yahoo dot com – and I will email you back with my aunt and uncle’s address so you can send them a check.  They will get all the money together and send it to the family.

If you can’t send any money (and I know many have already given money for Japan recently), don’t worry- your prayers and kind thoughts are important and felt too!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh wow Kayli! Thank you for posting this. I truly believe in the power of prayer. I will keep this family on our prayer roll. Look at their smiles....they are amazing and inspiring.....they obviously have hope and are sticking together through this horrendous ordeal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails