Sunday, April 24, 2011

Adelboden hike

Brett had Friday off of work, so we went to a nice Swiss village called Adelboden.  It looks something like this:

IMGP8226 

IMGP8228 

Lots of perty Swiss chalets.

IMGP8235 

IMGP8239 

IMGP8243 

I attempted a picture of all five kids together.  Something I don’t think I’ve tried since Orrin was born.  Talmage did not want to cooperate, you can see.

IMGP8256 

Then I moved them out of the sun (always a good move).  Talmage is still annoyed.  We got lots of pictures where not everyone was looking, or Ethne was making a completely goofy face, or Hazel’s forced smile was really awful (I won’t show those ones).

IMGP8266 

IMGP8267 

But with Daddy’s help we got a good one!  :)

IMGP8269 

IMGP8261

IMGP8270 

Since all the stores were closed and we were out of bread, I hurried and made a batch of bread dough and we brought it along and had schlangenbrot (snake bread).  It was quite good, especially with some frischkäse on it.  Mmmm.

IMGP8271 

IMGP8272 

IMGP8281

IMGP8274 

IMGP8276 

IMGP8288 

IMGP8293 

IMGP8297 

IMGP8301 

IMGP8305 

IMGP8306 

IMGP8311 

So, after we had eaten and looked at the river for a bit, we drove back through town to get to where the hike started. 

IMGP8312 

IMGP8313 

The hike starts out going past some chalets . This one had some neat details.

IMGP8314 

IMGP8316 

IMGP8321 

IMGP8326 

IMGP8329 

IMGP8330 

We looked for a geocache too, and failed AGAIN!  We have a 0/3 record in Switzerland.  Lame.

IMGP8332 

IMGP8333 

IMGP8335 

IMGP8337 

Brett brought the baby backpack for Talmage, and carried him for a little way, but he said no more.   He said last summer was doable, but Talmage is just too heavy now.  Ethne got tired at the end too and was complaining about her legs hurting.  I whipped out a pretty amazing (if I do say so myself) story about a family (whose names were Jethro, Hazel, Ethne, Talmage, and Orrin- and their parents) who encountered a unicorn while hiking.  It kept her from complaining almost the entire way back to the car. 

IMGP8341

IMGP8345 

The end.

3 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

Totally impressed with all 5 kids in a picture and all looking cute. Way to go. I love the pictures.

I also love how you guys are always going hiking. I wish we could do it more. I don't think we have really been since Emery was born. I just hate that you have to drive at least 2 hours or more to get to the mountains. Anyway, as always, I'm jealous of where you live:)

Andrea said...

Authors are good at whipping out stories. We should try WRITING them more often. :)

Andrea said...

I would love that. I get homesick for mountains whenever I see pictures of your great family hikes! I loved the pics of your kids all together. They looked so happy together. Thanks for sharing...it all just looks wonderful! (Including the snake bread!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails