Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hazel in her hat.

(A couple things- 1- these were taken in Nov. and Hazel’s teeth have grown a lot since then, so it makes me laugh seeing them here.    2- I wish I would have curled Hazel’s hair just a bit- it had been in braids so was kindof crazy, but we had to just run out before the light was gone.  3- I LOOOOVE Hazel’s coat that we found at a second-hand store.  I totally wish I could magically make it MY size!!  4- Hazel’s awesome—she had on her church shoes and her feet were totally freezing but she was the man and toughed it out, smiling all the while. We had fun.  5- It’s hard to get correct exposure against snow.)

IMGP2424

IMGP2414

IMGP2402 IMGP2405

IMGP2419   IMGP2425

IMGP2448

IMGP2455  IMGP2459  IMGP2471

IMGP2474 IMGP2479

IMGP2487

IMGP2490

Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again.
~Bill Morgan, Jr.

IMGP2496

IMGP2522

(a little Lucy in Narnia, anyone?)IMGP2545

IMGP2559

7 comments:

Jessica said...

These are adorable! Great job, She looks so cute in her hat :)

It is hard to get the right exposure in the snow... I am no good at that one. I read Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and he says to meter off of the blue sky, then re-frame the shot and take the picture. But if the sky isn't blue then you can use a grey card. Here is a link that explains it:

http://www.benjohnstonphotography.com/understand/greycard/greycard.html

Or you could google it and find some more info :)

Andrea said...

Kate--the lime part is the BEST part of Talmage's hat. Loved it. Also--for Harriet, I order the elfish hat. You amaze me. And yes, I've started calling her Harriet freely. If Timothy isn't going to come up with anything better than Mountain Princess--I win.

Kami said...

Oh my goodness!!!! YOU are on a crotcheting craze!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of Hazel. I also love Brett's hat. And the elf hat. I think the elf hat is one of my favorites. And the one with buttons.

So it's cold and snowing here. How about instead of sending me the check for the package we sent you, you just send me some hats for my girls and boy??? Come on....you know you want to try some more patterns.

You are amazing. I stand in awe at your craftmanship. I'm not worthy.

Anonymous said...

Your hats are amazing! Did you teach yourself to crochet or have you known for a while?

Do you know about Ravelry.com?

It is an amazing, free website that has TONS of free patterns and all kinds of other info. You can even find yarn swaps and other fun things.

I am a knitter myself but I would love to learn to crochet.

Your photos continue to amaze me!

Thanks for letting us see the beauty of where you are living.

-Jane from Maryland

Melissa said...

SO happy you posted about your crocheted hats! I've been meaning to make a couple more and wanted to try a new pattern. The ones you made look GREAT! I've excited to steal a few patterns. Now, the hard decision of which to try first. :)

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

yes, i would like one of each thank you very much!
and when you return state-side, you must teach me. athankya!

Kris said...

I love these pictures! And I love love the adorable hat!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails