Monday, March 1, 2010

Some sights

Jethro and Hazel built this out of blocks and they called it the Kingdom of God and played for a long time battling Satan’s army and things like that. It was intense.

DSCF1744 Since we actually found TWO desks on the side of the road (I think I said one, but there were actually two identical ones), and we only needed one, Brett borrowed a saw from a guy in the ward and remade one of them into a toy shelf thingee for the kids. It’s pretty awesome and Talmage had a great time helping Daddy drill holes.

DSCF1786 Ethne had a bit of a fever the past few days, and she took a nap those few days. One day I peeked in to see her with her little piggy-braid standing straight up.DSCF1795 So Brett picked up our van on Thursday and we bought some carseats and on Sunday afternoon we went for a drive (we also drove to church in the morning, and despite having lots of extra time because we didn’t have to walk to the bus and then from the bus to the church, we ended up being five minutes late—why does that always happen?). It was awesome. We felt FREEEEEEEE! And we saw some beautiful Swiss countryside and views of the Alps. We parked at a little place where there was a very short walk up to an overlook and this was the view (picture the next five pictures panoramic-style in your head):

DSCF1823 DSCF1824 DSCF1825 DSCF1826 DSCF1827Gorgeous, isn’t it.

DSCF1829 DSCF1840 DSCF1842 DSCF1849 DSCF1858 DSCF1868 DSCF1870 And then we drove around some more, taking in the beauty.

DSCF1886 DSCF1906 While going home, we got on the wrong road for a little while, so we stopped at this old monastery and looked around and Brett looked at the map. The girls were asleep by this time, so they aren’t in the pictures. I thought it was a quite cool.

DSCF1924 DSCF1933 DSCF1934 DSCF1937 DSCF1938 DSCF1944 DSCF1945 DSCF1946

DSCF1948And the view of a mountain from that spot. Beautiful. DSCF1949 DSCF1952 DSCF1953 DSCF1958 DSCF1963DSCF1957I love having a vehicle!! I love Sunday drives!!! I love seeing more of Switzerland! I love my family. :)

6 comments:

nicole said...

It's like you're living in a fairytale! The land of magical braids and scenic Sundays. Since I'm a millionaire I'll just hop on over for a visit.

Ginger said...

Those Swiss mountains are way better then those Utah mountains that you were always taking pictures of.

As you are driving around, do you ever get that Sound of Music sound stuck in your head? The hills are alive? Because it's totally in my head now.

Amy said...

It's so breathtakingly beautiful... in every direction!!!

Amanda said...

Ok, I should probably have e-mailed you with this question, but it's driving me nuts. How do you download your pics? Mine are so much smaller than yours. I've tried, but can't figure it out. HELP PLEASE!

Megan said...

Amazingly beautiful! Congrats on the van. I'm glad talmage is still alive and survived his day. Miss you.

Christal said...

Beautiful I am loving all your posts!! love the little braid too how cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails