Monday, March 22, 2010

Another day, another walk in the woods.

I was all set this morning to have a terrible day. It was a wet, gray Monday morning, and I felt kindof icky and blah. But then I went for a walk –just to the grocery store- and decided I felt okay. So then when the older kids got home from school, I took them to the second-hand store and got them some gum boots and took them on a walk. It was delightful, although the store took longer than I really thought, and so we were late getting home, and Ethne and Talmage were very tired and whiny on the way back. But, fun fun nonetheless.

DSCF2437 DSCF2442 I think Switzerland has more stacked wood than it knows what to do with. Have you noticed this? So, naturally I stick the kids on and take pictures. :)

DSCF2450 DSCF2465 DSCF2481 DSCF2483 Hazel insisted that I take a picture of her little toy-whatever-it-is in the tree branches and call it a dwarf. So—there it is, her dwarf.

DSCF2484 Then we found a tiny little creek and we saw a couple frogs swimming quickly away. So I told Jethro he had to catch one, and he obligingly hopped down to the water and I told him where it was hiding and he caught it.

DSCF2488 DSCF2489 Everyone enjoyed checking it out.

DSCF2495DSCF2494 DSCF2497 And I told Hazel to pretend to kiss it, and I would take a picture of her.

DSCF2500 So she did. But then she stumbled a little, and actually DID touch it with her lips, and then she cried. And then all evening we teased her about kissing frogs. Which made her mad at first, but then she finally started thinking it was funny too. Oh, and then it jumped out of her hand and since we were all so close, it startled us and we screamed. And Talmage cried. Funny.

DSCF2501 And this is a little sign we found. Brett says that it means something like ‘Devil’s Temptation Road.’DSCF2505The end.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome! I hate to tell you this, but your baby didn't look much like a baby in these pictures. He looked more like, gasp, a toddler. It happens to the best of them.

Lynn said...

Awww.......you are SO lucky to live in a fairyland of dreams, forests, kissing frogs and Devil's roads. What great adventures you're having! Love it.

Kami said...

That was the awesomest sign ever. I like how it looks in German. And that is so funny about Hazel. Hee. Hee.

Christina said...

Yes, I ditto what Lynn said. Looks like a fairy tale!

Related Posts with Thumbnails