Friday, March 5, 2010

I have CUTE children.

        Talmage is so cute.  And mean.  He likes to hit the kids with things, often heavy things like Schliech toys, but also with his hands.  And today when he and Ethne were in the stroller together, he leaned back and stuck his finger up Ethne’s nose and made her cry.  Then he wouldn’t stop trying to do it again.  Rascal.  But OH so cute. DSCF2075I love him.  Looking at this picture just makes me want to SQUEEZE him! DSCF2079 Ethne will squeeze him too.DSCF2081  Speaking of cute kids (I know, I always do), Ethne is adorable too.  I love how her piggy-tails stick out so much.  And I love her funny faces.  Funny faces for a funny girl.DSCF2083And her happy face is sooooo happy!  And cute.

DSCF2088Silly.DSCF2082 Crazy.  (I told her that if she looked really hard she could see Dora in the camera –she was looking VERY hard.)

DSCF2084 My personal favorite—oh how I LOVE this girl!  I LOVE this picture—her expression is perfect.  Just so sweet and cute and Ethne.  LOOOOOOOOVE it.  It’s going on my wall.

DSCF2085 Okay, now I’ll talk about other things than how cute my children are.

I think my sister Kami is having her baby either right now or has already had it, or will shortly have it.  All I know is she went to the hospital this morning.  I’ll let you know.

So today was …well, let me just say that sometimes going on outings is fun and great, and other times you wonder if it’s worth the hassle.  Last night my friend Kathrin invited me to meet her and her daughter at the Museum of Natural History, to which I eagerly agreed.  However, I was racked by torment with trying to decide whether I should drive the van (driving to the neighborhood grocery store is quite a different thing than driving in the city) or take the bus.  Finally after Brett said I could just take Bus 10 all the way there right from our house, I decided to just do that.

So next day, meaning today, I get the children all rounded up, fed lunch, looking half-ways decent, out the door and onto the bus.  (Why do you always have to wait such a long time for a bus if you don’t need to buy a ticket (already have a pass) but when you have to buy a ticket, the bus comes right away?)  Anyhow, made it onto the bus by the skin of my teeth, locked the little stroller locks, sat down on the seat right behind the spot where the stroller was, except behind a little railing and sighed a little sigh of relief that I could now just sit and relax for awhile.  And then the bus went around a turn and then braked hard and the stroller containing Talmage and Ethne tipped over and crashed very hard against the floor.  Much screaming and crying ensued.  The poor kids – Talmage had a bloody lip, Ethne had a hurt foot and a goose egg on her noggin.  I gave Talmage a sippy cup of water to drink, and he still kept crying for quite some time.  Poor poor kids.

After a while I started wondering why it seemed like it was taking so long to get to the right place.  Then I thought that we were definitely not going towards the right place.  So I asked a lady behind me where the Museum was, and she said we’d passed it.  RUFF.  So I unloaded kids on the next stop, looked at the map for a second, then laughed at myself for even looking at it, called Brett and said “Tell me the name of the stop where I was supposed to get off!”  and he said, “Ooops, I was wrong about it being on our bus route—you have to get on the tram.”  So I said, “Okay, which tram?”  “X, or X, or X…” and I said, “Stop giving me choices and TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!”  Then he told me that he was actually in Bern right then so we could just meet at the Bahnhof (he had gone to the hospital to take measurements of  a surgery bed).  So I got on the bus and went to the Bahnhof (that’s the train station). 

I got off and walked just a tiny little ways and I saw Brett.  He didn’t see me yet, and I thought how good-looking he was and it was kindof cool to see him like that-- unexpected and in a different environment.  And I love him.  Especially when he happens to fly in to save me and put me on the right tram like some sort of super hero. 

So anyhow.  We made it to the museum and it was a good time and the kids got cranky after a while and then we went home and there was no supper made, but the kids were STARVING. TO. DEATH. so there was certainly no time to make anything, so we ate some leftovers, but there wasn’t much so by the time Brett got home he had nothing to eat because we didn’t even have any bread left.  But then we put Talmage to bed because he had missed his nap and was very cranky, and then we were all happy and were laughing because the kids were being super-duper silly, like saying, “Daddy!!  You’re pants are on fire!!!”  And then laughing their heads off when he acted surprised and yelled and hit his pants.  Good times.

Now I’m tired and must go and cuddle with my honey.  Tschuss.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Kami had her baby around 4:30. Check myfam for details. She claims he's beautiful. And very, very dark.

Kristi said...

I used to always tell my kids they were lucky they were so cute. such trouble makers!
your kids are adorable!

dana said...

they really are VERY cute. VERY!

Christal said...

so cute love the pictures!! Love T he is just so squeezable looking and love E's hair!! So fun love all the flashback stories too made me laugh! What an adventure eh!! I am loving reading it all and when I forget for awhile I get excited to see what new adventures you all have been up too!! Keep having fun!

Christal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails