Monday, March 29, 2010

A little about Hazel.

Here are some funny Hazel stories of late. Because she is funny. And I love her.DSCF2513

This is a picture of a present she made and wrapped for me at school. I love the little princess cut out and tied on top.DSCF2193

Here is the present—a beauuuuutiful picture of a lovely flower-bedecked girl and sun, happy clouds, and a dolphin and seahorse hovering above the water. I love.DSCF2194

This is how Hazel dressed up Talmage in her zwergli hat and reflector and put him in a box and pushed him around. What a good older sister.DSCF2195 One day she had me write ‘Fashion Designer’ on a small piece of paper and then she taped it to her shirt and wore it for the next two days.

One day she was sitting at the table singing and some of it went like this: “Don’t denYYYYYYYYY me, I don’t desEEEERRRRRRRVE this.”

She and Ethne played with markers—played with them, not colored with them—and I heard her say things like, “I’m old, I will die soon. No Mother, Don’t die!”

One day she colored cups, plates, cupcakes, and a cake for everyone and cut them out and set the table for us. On Jethro’s she colored a margay in a rainforest (his favorite animal (now when we ask Ethne what her favorite animal is she says margay)), and then she asked him what he wanted on his cup and he said a woodland scene with a deer and a hedgehog, so she colored that.

Another time she cut out pictures from a newspaper and made us all play together with them. Daddy’s figure kept asking the girls on dates, and I told him no, and Ethne told him no, and then Hazel said yes. Then Daddy-figure said “What should we do? Let’s go hiking.” And she said, “No, let’s go out to dinner.” And he said, “No, we should go hiking.” And I said, “Don’t go out with him, he just wants to go hiking because he’s a cheapskate and doesn’t want to pay for dinner.”

One night she was telling me that she wanted twins so that she could dress them the same, and I said, what if they don’t want to—what if one liked blue and one liked pink. And she said, “Then I’ll tell them you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.”

One day we were walking home together and she said out of the blue, “When I am old I want to still remember Jesus.” And I asked her what made her say that, and she said, “Remember the story in the Bible of the really wise man who forgot Jesus when he got old?” I’m pretty positive she was talking about King Solomon whom we had read about in our little illustrated New Testament.

Every night she wants Daddy to give her a horsey ride to her bed. One night she said, “I’ll clap my hands and that will mean for you to come and give me my ride.” And now every night she claps her little hands, and Brett comes and gives her a ride to bed.

On Saturday we came home from cleaning the church with a free printer (YAYYYY!!!! -you wouldn’t believe how many recipes I have written out by hand since I’ve been here), and so she was SOOOOOO excited to be able to print crafts again, and so yesterday she colored and made many Easter wreaths, and today she went and delivered one to each of the 5 families living in our apartment building. Her idea. Now when we walk up to our door (we're at the top), we see little Hazel-wreaths adorning each and every door.

DSCF2516

3 comments:

Kristi said...

she is so cute.
what is a margay?

Ginger said...

Leah plays with markers too. It drives me crazy. Mostly because it's not just markers that she plays with, it ANY object that she gets her hands on. I have to make sure that at dinner-time I only give her one eating utensil because if I give her two she will play with them instead of eat her dinner. I'm glad Leah isn't the only one with an imagination.

Barb said...

Hi Kayli, I promise I'm not stalking you, just saw that you had a blog too(:

I cant believe you live in Switzerland! What a fantastic place! I lived there for a summer while I did a graphic design study abroad for USU.

What an adventure! And four kids? You have such a fun life. I have a blog too! If you'd like, send me an email and I'll send you an invite to it. barbaracatron@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails