Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Where we live.

I always like to be able to visualize in my head where someone is when I talk to them. Like if one of my siblings moves, I like it better once I’ve been to their house so I can place them in it. Anyway. So here are some pictures of where we live. (But only nice pictures, because if you saw the pictures of all the boring, blah stuff, how fun would that be?)

So these are pictures of the awesome colors in our house. Andrea, tell me you wouldn’t kill for these oranges and (kinda) limes. :) We have 3 bedrooms, a nice-sized front room and a small kitchen. Oh yeah, and there are two bathrooms, but one of them we turned the shower into a closet because we’d rather have the space than the extra shower. And really, inside our house there’s not a whole lot more to see. When we were packing to come here, decorations somehow didn’t make the cut of most importance. And we have enough furniture to get by, but not any more than that. That is okay. I will definitely, however, get some pictures printed and hang them up somehow.

DSCF0906 DSCF0909 DSCF0911

Okay, so on to the more fun stuff, this is a little wood area that’s to the left of our house just a little ways. The day of the Fasnacht parade we came back to explore it a little.

DSCF1330 DSCF1332 DSCF1329DSCF1337 DSCF1343 DSCF1088 DSCF1090 DSCF1093

And this is our favorite part of our apartment. Since our apartment is the last on the long street of many many apartments (making our walk to the bus stop very far), our big front room windows and deck look out on this farm. Behind it you can see (on a clear day, which has been unfortunately all too rare) a small little bit of the Alps.DSCF0919

See? This is closer than how we see it, because I zoomed in, but very lovely either way.

DSCF1030DSCF1069

Incidentally, this farm is where we get our milk from. We walk down the road a short bit, bringing our own container of course, to this handy-dandy automatic milk dispenser. You open that little door thingee you see on the left, put your container on the shelf, put your coins in, and push the start button. The freshest milk a person could ask for. For cheaper than at the store too. 1 frank for 1 liter. So now one of Jethro’s chores sometimes is to go milk the cow. :)

DSCF1181 And these are the cows that give us our milk. Hi cows – thanks for the milk! (Moooo-you’re welcome!)

DSCF1213 More lovely pictures.DSCF1164 DSCF1172 A pretty pretty sunrise one morning.

DSCF1184 DSCF1189 DSCF1191 DSCF1230 And here are just a couple pictures of Bern from the bus station place. I like this dude’s sweet beard in this one.

DSCF1123DSCF1119

Like I said, I just show the pretty pictures. All the many many boring, gray cement apartment buildings next to us on the other side of our house just aren’t as fun as the lovely mountain pictures. So you can just pretend in your mind’s eye that we are surrounded only by pure Swiss loveliness.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

thanks for the pure Swiss loveliness! These are as always, some great pictures. I love that Jethro has to go milk the cow. You all practically look like a *little* Swiss family.

Andrea said...

LOVE the colors in your apartment. So jealous!!! A little jealous of the fresh milk, also.

Definitely showing Timothy the bearded man picture as that is EXACTLY what I keep trying to get him to grow.

You need to be a little more discerning though--that guy in your last picture was a pretty strange dude.

Kris said...

Looks like such a quaint little place. How fun to go get fresh milk! Does it just come in whole, or do they process it somehow? Cool pictures of the mountains!

Lynn said...

AWww........it's all so picturesque to me!! I agree with Tracy's comment....your family seems to be just one of the swiss families that have already lived there forever.

How cute is that task of getting the milk or what?! Love it.

Rachael said...

Can my skis and I come visit?

Unknown said...

Great photos...thanks for sharing where you live. I am so jealous!

And the Alps are so beautiful!

Jane in Maryland

dana said...

ooooo. i LOVE those tiles! I'm so glad you posted pics of your house. I agree. I like to know where people are :)

Christal said...

love it!!! so pretty reminds me of germany a bit!!! so pretty!! keep them coming!

Megan said...

I loved all the photos - how fun to see all the things you are seeing and where you live. Keep posting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails