Thursday, February 25, 2010

Heard of late

Ethne, pointing out to me some wreckage or mess that SHE has made:  “Who did that?  Was it Talmage?”

Ethne, yelled from the hallway while we’re all eating dinner:  “I didn’t pee on the carpet!”

One morning I needed to go shopping, so I kept telling Ethne to go get dressed while I got other things ready to go.  Though I realize you have to help a 3-year-old along most times, I had told her sternly about 5 times with no results.  Finally I told her that if she did not go get dressed RIGHT NOW I would spank her bottom.  She looked at me before saying, “Mom?  …Should I go get dressed?”Ethne-1

Ethne, when asked at dinner who she knew that could wiggle his ears:  “Harry Monson.”  (I know what she said was President Monson, but it sounded like Harry and all of us cracked up.)

Ethne:  “I’m hiccing-up.”

Ethne:  “Mom, you gotfor the cups.”  Her word for forgot is always gotfor. 

Ethne’s word for gloves:  “Glubs”

At dinner:  “Mommy, I want to be a little girl!!”  We all laughed and said –you are a little girl.  And she said, “No, I’m a big girl; I want to be a little girl.”  (She wanted me to spoon feed her, which she ALWAYS wants lately, it’s so annoying.)

Ethne, in the bus on the way to the store, watching an old man who is watching her and smiling and waving at her:  “I like that man,” looks at me, raises her eyebrows, “and I love him.”

Ethne, when  I told her I cut my finger:  “Is it blooding?”

Ethne, enters room dressed up in princess dress and other accessories:  “Look at me Hazel.  I’m gorgeous.”

Hazel, pointing to Ethne:  “This is Ellie and she has an owie from a WOLF!”  Me:  “Oh, that’s AWFUL!”  Hazel: “Well it was only one bite.”

Ethne, an example of anything she asks for:  “Please may can I have that?” 

Brett, to Jethro who was trying to snatch a piece of my bread:  “Watch out, don’t get between that woman and her Nutella!”

Me:  “Kids, let’s go to the store and get you some gum boots!”  Ethne:  “And some gummie bears!”

6 comments:

Kristi said...

do you write these down, or just remember- because I always think I will remember, and never do!
too fun.

Amy said...

What a funny girl. I love the blaming things on Talmage... smart cookie!

Lynn said...

You guys must laugh all day long! LOL! Too funny.

Tracy said...

oh, she is such a cracker! Reminds me of my Amy... you can ask and ask, even threaten and still to no avail. They just live in their own world!

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

My dear sweet Ethne. How I miss thee and thy clever words. Come back to me safely!
Love your dearest, most gracious, loving, Aunt Lindsay Ann

Kami said...

That sounds so much like Elena, in some ways. She always wants me to feed her now...errr... and she always blames things on Isabel. Ruff. Kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails