Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Love Day


So, Valentine's Day is not celebrated in Switzerland. On Saturday I had the idea that we (being Americans) should make some valentines to give to our Swiss friends, but then I remembered we don't have a printer, nor did we have any plain paper. So I was lame and didn't make any. Lame me.

So for some really cute lovey posts you'll have to click HERE or HERE.

Yesterday I made us all write little love notes to each other that I read out loud after dinner. Brett had been the scribe for Hazel and Ethne, and he had written EXACTLY what they said. So when he asked Ethne what she wanted to say to Jethro, and she said, "nothing," he wrote it. Then we read Ethne's out loud, and they said things like, "I can't say anything to her," we all started laughing sooooo hard. The next one I came to that was from Ethne, I said, "This is from Ethne to Hazel," and I couldn't read it because I was laughing, and everyone started laughing, and Jethro was laughing so hard he was practically crying, and he gasped, "I'm laughing and I haven't even heard it!" Good times. Then I gave them all a sucker I had bought in Bern. Hazel's was a flower, Ethne's was a butterfly, Jethro's was a soccer ball and Tell's was an orange.

Oh, and let me not forget to mention what Brett's Valentine's Day present was to me... a RED minivan!!! Wooohoooo!! I am very excited. We haven't picked it up yet, but Brett went into Zurich yesterday and put down some money to hold it. It's a Chrysler Voyager, and Brett says it's an abomination to buy an American car when we're in Europe, but hey, we have an American-sized family, so we need an American-sized car.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynn said...

YAY! Can't wait to see your red van.

You guys are so cute.....love how you celebrated Valentine's day.

Megan said...

The carnival pictures were awesome - so was the cathedral - I am jealous of all the adventures you are having!!!! Funny valentine stories - and good luck driving!! That is cool you got a minivan! Miss you and love you tons!

beSlightlyAskew said...

I really love that anonymous comment up there and will surely meditate on their ineffectual prices after I look up ineffectual. So a few things: Jason says you had a German car while in America so it's fitting to have an American car while in Germa...er, Switzerland. And he has been bugging me to ask as to whether or not one is allowed to own and carry guns in Switzerland. Because I guess it will be an option for us to move there if he can own/carry guns. It looks like you are having oh so much fun there and I would like to move in you for a week. I am willing to sleep in closets, on little mini fridges or wherever else one can find spare space.

Tiffany Unsworth said...

I think you're wonderful. And I want to visit Switzerland, too!

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

I GOT A VAN TOO!!!! I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails