Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today

So today wasn’t so nice, because I was crabby pretty much all day. Well, not really all day. And we did go on a walk to a new place which was really cool and we’ll for sure go back because we didn’t get very far. But I did take a few pictures. See.DSCF1692 DSCF1697 DSCF1702 DSCF1707 DSCF1708DSCF1723 Today was also very lucrative because…well, to start at the beginning, a little while ago Brett had me look up one of his former mission companions on Facebook (because Brett doesn’t have a facebook account), and he found him and sent him a little message about living in Switzerland, because we knew the mission companion had lived in Switzerland too. So mission companion writes back and says terrible timing because we lived in CH for 5.5 years but now have moved to Australia for five months and then will move to China. BUT he was coming back for a couple days to wrap up a few things here, so today he called Brett and said –come over and visit for the afternoon.

So I called a few people and found a babysitter, and got kindof excited to go somewhere with Brett and all. But then a couple hours later the babysitter had to cancel, so then I was disappointed. Then we went on our walk, but before we had gotten very far at all, Brett called (remember I have a handy dandy cell phone now) and said –how about Jethro comes with me? So he took Jethro and I took the kids home. And Brett rented a moving truck and took a bunch of furniture and odds and ends from mission companion that he hadn’t been able to sell and needed to get rid of. So now we have several things we had needed and some nicer things that we can swap out for the things we picked up really cheapo at a second hand store. We got a kitchen table and chairs, sofa and loveseat, lamp, bed (which is good because Brett didn’t like our mattress that we got at all. Now we’ll just put Hazel and Ethne together in our old bed), air mattress, end tables, dressers, etc. So that’s perty exciting. And the couches match the bookshelf we got from IKEA. So basically, there are 4 morals to this tale:

1- Once you’ve lived in Switzerland for a time, you develop a need to return. (Brett and mission companion both returned, so I’m asserting this as true in all cases.)

2- No matter what you do, there is always someone who will one-up you. (You’re moving to Switzerland for 2 years? Wow, pretty cool! -You lived in Switzerland for 5 years, and then Australia, and now you’re moving to China?? WHOA that’s WICKED AWESOME!!!)

3- Now we have an extra big bed and air mattress, couch. We are READY for VISITORS!!! Come one, come all!!! (This means you.)

4- Heavenly Father really looks out for us and helps and blesses us all the time. It’s amazing. (This is the real moral.)

4 comments:

nicole said...

Nick doesn't have a facebook account either! I sometimes get requests from people that I think are random that just know him. I don't make them my friends. Ah well. Thanks for the moral.

Lynn said...

No. 3 - AMEN to that! : D

You totally live in a beautiful place.

Kristi said...

I just know you are talking to me. I am knitting my fingers off. just so you know!

Christal said...

what a blessing eh!! that is awesome!! i'm coming I mean I wish I was coming!!! Loving the adventure!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails