Thursday, September 24, 2009

Date hike.

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here
With summer's best of weather
And autumn's best of cheer.


"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot




"Behold congenial Autumn comes,
the Sabbath of the Year."
- John Logan, 1748 - 1788






"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house.
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air."
- Nathaniel Hawthorne
So, all these pictures we took of us I would just set the camera up on a rock and run into the picture. But there was one spot that I really wanted a picture, but there was no helpful rock anywhere. So when I told Brett that I must have a picture in this particular spot, he said, "Well what the doodle are you going to do with the camera?" I laughed so hard. It was hilarious.

And then he whipped me up a little tripod 'au naturale' from some sticks and grass. What a man. A man who says 'what the doodle.'


3 comments:

Tracy said...

Yet another good book with a funny doodle ending! Beautiful, beautiful pictures that enrich my love for fall!

Kristi said...

I was wondering if you had someone with you, or just used the timer- so fun.
and such a beautiful place-
but I can't wait for pictures of switzerland!

Lynn said...

LOL! I thought you were just politely substituting that word for another word he used.
Good man! Use "doodle" all you want.

Kayli, you should seriously think of getting a photography book of yours printed along with those quotes. It would make a great "coffee table" book, like the ones Cousin David Bly did. I would buy yours too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails