Wednesday, June 17, 2009

news

So, Brett left today for a conference in Tahoe. Where, if you'll remember, I was supposed to be with him. But it was a no-go. And it wouldn't be fun if I had gone anyway, because he's suddenly realized that he has NO time to finish writing his thesis, so he'll be writing All. The. Time. until he can hand it to his committee. His defense will be on the 7th of July (this is a firm date this time). He doesn't like writing. And he's stressed. I know he's stressed because when we were kissing he had to pause a moment because his jaw hurt. His jaw hurts when he's stressed. Anyway. I am home getting ready for Hazel's birthday party this weekend, when she'll turn 5 (which is exactly according to the plan).
After I dropped Brett off at the bus to go to the airport this morning Talmage woke up and ate and then cuddled with me for a long time and it was the sweetest most lovely thing ever. He is so sweet. And I just love my kids. And I don't think I'm going to let Talmage get any bigger because all my kids are just getting too big.
Like Ethne--look at this girl! She's grown up so much over the last six months. It's crazy. She's such a busy-body and thinks she's an adult and always wants to do everything herself. Funny, funny girl. She is my best helper though--as soon as I start doing dishes she drags over the chair to rinse, and she loves unloading the dishwasher.
So, that's my news. I'd better go write a list of things I need for Hazel's Princess party. I was really not so excited to do a party this year, but Hazel has been sooooooooo excited for parties lately, she wants to play party every day, so I figured I could have a small party and she will be in heaven.

(Look at this kid--she's sooo crazy!!)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! She is an ADORABLE little 5 year old.

All the best to Brett.

Andrea said...

Kate--just don't let any "princess party" distract you from your true purpose this week. WRITE THE NEXT SEGMENT ALREADY FREDDY.

I know you will. I'm so excited. Beckie is taking Miriam and Cowen and Emeline for four hours Friday morning for Miriam's birthday Grandma date, so I'll be working on EBW, unless I have some troll babies to work on.

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

Ethne is a crazy girl!! We miss you guys!!

dana said...

she's SUCH A cutie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails