Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloweenies

I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on, I almost don’t know where to start.  But, I’d better show off our pretty impressive- if I do say so myself- Halloween costumes.  Mine was the best.
good
And Brett was a good partner.  (Although he’s wearing Jethro’s hat, so it’s just perched on the very top of his head which is kindof funny.)
muertos
Some cool photo-editing effects.  I really like how it works with this picture.
neon 
Brett did my makeup, and he did a very excellent job, I think.  Unfortunately, the pictures don’t show how cool my sparkly, sequined black shirt was, nor my long black gloves.  This was a pretty easy costume to pull together, with pretty impressive results, in my opinion.  I found the black sequin shirt at the second-hand store (pulled it tight with safety pins since it was several sizes too big), wore my black skirt, bought flowers for my hair, necklaces, black gloves, and the little fringed shawl-thing at the second hand store and added a necklace and earrings of my own, and the makeup and voila!  Dead Skeleton Person a la Dia de Los Muertos. 
muerta 
We were invited to a party by our friends Karin and Josh, so that’s why we all dressed up (no one trick-or-treats here).  My kids wore their costumes from last year (which there are many wonderful pictures of here, so I didn’t take more (that and we didn’t have any time)) which luckily are so awesome that I wasn’t TOO sad that we didn’t get different ones (because I love love love costumes and dressing up) :
image
Except of course, Orrin had to be part of the Merry Men since he wasn’t around last year, so we scrambled around and came up with brown tights, his green sweatshirt put on inside out, and I quick-quick crocheted a little cowl-thingee to go around his shoulders.  I would have LOVED to make him a Robin-Hood style hat, but alas, we had no felt or anything at all to make one with (yes, I left it to the last day, so there was no time to go to the store), so we put on his brown one just for good measure.  The pictures are awful (taken at the party in a dark house with a tiny little lamp), but here he is, so you can get the idea. 
Little John:
 IMGP6251
He’s soooo cute!
IMGP6250 IMGP6249
And a few more scary pictures. 
Muppet:
 IMGP6272
IMGP6276
IMGP6293
Happy Halloween!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Brett are awesome!!!!!!!! Kids so cute! Have fun! Mom R.

nicole said...

That is an impressive make-up job. I could never convince Nick to do this. He's not into scary Halloween. But you look great.

I love the photo editing on that first one. Seriously man, you're like a professional, would you just go into business already? Oh wait, you're a busy gal already? *sigh* fine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails