Monday, October 31, 2011

Fire in the woods.

There are a whole lot of different kinds of mushrooms in the woods here. Here are four kinds that I found on a walk of about 2.5 minutes. (Okay, actually I think the second picture might be the same kind as the third picture, just older, but I don’t know.)

IMGP5720

IMGP5722

IMGP5724

Is that a mushroom, or is it a little Child of the Forest?

image

image

(My kids and I both love that book – Children of the Forest, by Elsa Beskow, and my kids love that there are two boys and two girls and in the end she has a baby boy, so it’s just like our family! And look, when I see this picture:

image

It reminds me of these ones from a year ago:

image

image

End of tangent.

IMGP5725

Anyway, so way back when, when the kids were still out of school, Jethro convinced me to go have a fire in the woods. Usually I wait for Brett to do fires, but Jethro and I got the fire going just fine, and everyone was good and careful, and it helps that Orrin is still immobile so he was content to just sit and eat leaves and dirt and rocks and bug. Love that. :)

IMGP5737

Love love this picture of Hazel.

IMGP5752

IMGP5753

We ate lots of marshmallows. Because hot sticky gooey marshmallows are good.

IMGP5756

IMGP5765

Talmage soon tired of trying to roast, and he just manned the bag of marshmallows and ate them raw, and gave them out when we wanted another one.

IMGP5784

Fires in the fall are the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of Hazel too. She is so cute. cute kids and fun times and I think I need to go have a marshmallow roast down at my fire pit!!!! Love you. Mom R.

Related Posts with Thumbnails