Sunday, September 4, 2011

Talmage Rules the Roost.

So, now that the older kids, including Ethne, are off to school, you might think that Talmage is a little bit lost and lonely.  Contraire!  The kid STAYS BUSY.  Allow me to illustrate:

IMGP2848

IMGP2851

(This drawing he titled ‘Boom, Bang.’)

IMGP2852 

All his vrooms and his wee-ooh wee-ooh lined up.  (The kid finds car roads everywhere, the tile lines, lines on towels, etc.  In fact, once when we were at the school-end carnival, the kids were at the bounce houses which were in the gymnasium.  Talmage was having a pretty fun time jumping around, then he hopped off to go to the other bounce thing, and noticed on the floor the painted lines.  Instead of jumping, he knelt down and pushed an imaginary car all along the line for the next several minutes.  And I’m not making this up, I just heard his wee-ooh wee-ooh fall off his bed, because he insists on sleeping with his cars.  Not just one, but eee oh.)

IMGP2864

Helped himself to Hazel’s Playmobil toys.

IMGP2853

IMGP2857

IMGP2858

Tired himself right out so that as soon as he relaxed to his favorite book—out like a light.

IMGP2859

(The book is full of tractors and big trucks.  He loves it.)

IMGP2860

Another day.  Trying to get Orrin to hold the noodle upright so that he could sword-fight with him.  Talmage loves to play-fight, and he loves it when we tell stories where he is the hero and fights a dragon, or saves his baby brother, and he gets all excited and smiles and shouts “YAY!” when he kills the dragon.  It’s pretty funny.

IMGP3015 

IMGP3018

On to a better fight-mate.

IMGP3023 

IMGP3025

IMGP3027 

IMGP3030

IMGP3031

IMGP3035 

Legos.  He mainly likes to play with the little men.  He picks one of him to be “me” and has me put the sword in his hand.

IMGP3348

IMGP3351 

And an incriminating picture showing how when the older kids are gone he just goes to their dressers and gets into anything he wants.

IMGP3573

And another time falling asleep.  I had to wake him up, because it was too late in the day for him to be sleeping, but I knew he would be cranky so I turned on Winnie the Pooh on the computer to distract him, but even after sitting him up he was still asleep.  Ha ha.

IMGP3417

The end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics of Talmage. He is so cute and I can just hear him making all of his cute sounds. Oh to be able to get into all the kids stuff!!! Love you. MOm

emily ballard said...

Hey! I finally added your blog to my blog list. I really can't remember blogs that aren't on there. This is my favorite part of older kids going to school too. I love letting the little kids do everything and play with everything that the older siblings won't allow!

We rode a tram to the top of Snowbasin last week. I had confided in my sister-in-law that I now (after seeing the photos on your blog) felt the need to move somewhere amazing like Switzerland. She told me that maybe when I posted my pictures it would make people living in Switzerland want to live somewhere beautiful like Ogden. Haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails