Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Good things to make and eat.

I have more pictures to post – yes, more of Orrin.  From today.  And also yesterday.  And most likely the ones I take tomorrow.  :)

I also have pictures of Ethne with her new terrible haircut.  No, it really is.  I emailed a picture to Brett and he said, “That’s terrible!”  and I said, “I know.”

BUT, just to mix things up (and because I don’t want to go through all the pictures right now), I give you some recipes that I have made in the last while that are share-worthy.

First, Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.  I LOVE.  So, so, so much.  (Click pictures for links to the recipes.)  I requested these for my birthday instead of cake.  (But then I made almond joy cake later for when Brett invited my friends the Burris to come over for pizza and cake and hanging out.  It was fun.  I totally forgot to tell about that.)

image

Next, Strawberry Ricotta Popsicles.  I like ricotta and found these to be very delish.

image

Next, Nutella Stuffed Breakfast Muffins.  These are to die for.  So good.  I would not categorize them as a breakfast muffin though- definitely a dessert muffin.  I made them when we hiked to Oeschinensee, and when we got up to the lake and Brett was getting the fire going I decided that we could eat dessert first, and man, I devoured mine in about 2 seconds, making dinosaur chomping sounds.  Oh, and p.s. I’ve never had buttermilk on hand when I made these, but I always just use the regular milk with lemon juice in it trick.

image


And finally, one that’s actually NOT for dessert—Creamy Quinoa Primavera.  The vegetables I used were carrots, broccoli, and zucchini.  Tasty tasty tasty.  And quinoa is supposed to be super-mega good for you, so there you go.

image

The end.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my! THIS post just made my day! Yum.

Rachael said...

I want to make every single one of these.

Anonymous said...

I came home and tried the other quinoa recipe you made when we were over there and I really like it so I will have to try this one.....as I have lots of vegetables right now. The others look yummy.!!!! Mom

Kris said...

WOW! I excited about those nutella muffins. Too bad Tyler is allergic to hazelnuts. I'll have to be extra careful not to let him try one. I always love new recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails