Monday, September 12, 2011

Ramblings.

I should be in bed.  It is very late. 

Last night, I woke up sometime around 1:30 to nurse Orrin, and I saw a light from under my door, so I went out and found Talmage sitting on the couch looking at a book.  What in the world?

Today for dinner I made poutine.  Because I’m Canadian, and I thought I should have a Cultural Heritage night.  Actually more because I fail to want to spend much time on dinner when Brett’s not home.  And it’s yummy.  When I told the kids (who all loved it, of course) that this was a Canadian food, Ethne said, “And we’re THEM!  Since we’re eating this!”  Here’s a recipe in case you want to have your own Culture Night. 

Today I went to the grocery store in the afternoon and Talmage was very tired (see above statement about him getting up in the middle of the night, and then there was no nap).  We passed the candy aisle and he saw a bag of m&m’s that I had bought before when he was getting potty trained, and he said, “Me peee, mmmm.”  And I said no, and then he threw himself on the ground and started crying. 

He also went to bed without dinner tonight because he fell asleep on the couch before it was ready, and when I tried to rouse him he cried and fussed, so I took him to bed.  Jethro happily took care of his poutine.

I miss Brett.  He has been gone too long, and although I did get to see him on Saturday for a little bit, it was far too short.  He came home Friday night at midnight, went to give his presentation before I was up on Saturday morning, came home at 1:30ish, had lunch, we went to Marzili with the Herrs (which was awesome!  They came and went to the temple while we watched their kids, and then when they got back we were sitting around chatting and Brett said, “Man, it’s too bad you guys didn’t bring swimming suits or we could swim in the Aare.” And Jenny said, “Actually, I did throw the swimming suits in the car at the last minute.”  So we went swimming and it was fantastic!), then came home and had dinner, then he fell asleep on the floor, and the next morning we went to church and didn’t really see each other as he taught sunday school and I taught sharing time and he sat on the stand of course during sacrament meeting, and then as soon as it was over he rushed out and changed clothes and I dropped him off at the train station.  But he’ll be back Wednesday night late.  I can survive, right?

Since he’s gone, I decided to switch mattresses with the girls.  He likes the mattress that someone gave us that is seriously as hard as concrete, and I like the mattress that we bought that is comfy and nice, and except for the short while at the end of my pregnancy with Orrin (when he finally gave in to my whining) when he did switch it, we have slept on the hard mattress.  I wonder if he will switch it back when he gets home.  Hopefully he’ll just complain about it but not switch it.

Hazel has a best friend named Jamina who she plays with all the time.  Her parents just asked if we would let her come to our house once a week or so for lunch and only speak English so she can learn it.  Which is cool.  I called my sister Andrea and asked her what I should do, and she gave me some good ideas, and then she said “But these are just my ideas, I’m not a professional.”  And I said “Ummm, you have a degree in teaching ESL.”  And she said, “Right.  I AM a professional!  These are my ideas!”

I wrote Brett a resume the other day.  He had a CV, but not a resume.  I looked at this one company’s website to see if they had any openings in Logan, and they did have an opening in their Utah location (I think it must be Logan, but I’m not sure if there is more than one Utah location) so I wanted to send a resume on Brett’s behalf (he did say it was okay), so I wrote it and then had him fill in correct terminology and actual information  (cell-stretching thingee and skull-drilling robot not being technical terminology).  So if anyone stumbles across any Biomedical Engineering jobs –academic preferred —in the Mountain Standard Time Zone, send the info my way.

Well.  That’s all I’ve got.  And I really need to get to bed.  To my nice, cozy and soft, albeit very cold and lonely, bed.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Just wanted to pop in and say that Canadian Food is NOT my thing. That sounds gross.....sorry to be rude!.....When Loren is gone we have something easy like frozen pizza, which may or may not be gross as well depending...

Megan said...

Sorry brett is gone - I would hate that too - and I would demand the mattress you like - you are the mom and have to get up with a baby during the night you should be comfortable - good thing talmage didn't wake you up to read you a story!! Love you

Heather S. said...

That would be so nice if you could move here. Thinking good thoughts toward him getting the job!

Chillygator said...

I had a companion from China. Because of her visa she didn't get to go to the MTC and learn English. We were in a three-way companionship, me, another girl from Utah and the Chinese girl. She had English down in three weeks or so and she told everyone that she had to learn it because all the other American and I did was talk, talk, talk really fast (o:

Related Posts with Thumbnails