Monday, August 29, 2011

Der Grimmimutz

So this is a catch-up from the last day of July.  We went to this trail that was especially for kids because it had lots of dwarves and fun things.  We went with our friends from church.  We had lunch and had lots of time to play.  It was a good time.

Brett with 8 kids.  :)  (My kids borrowed coats from our friends because it was really sunny and warm when we left home, and then it got fairly chilly and a tad bit rainy.  That is why Talmage is in a salmon-pink colored jacket.  :) )

IMGP1844

Jethro picked up a snake.

IMGP1849 IMGP1851

IMGP1856

IMGP1872 IMGP1873 

Ahhhhhh!

IMGP1883

David, Sarah, Noe, Dinah, Janice and Josephine.IMGP1884

IMGP1886

We even came across a real dwarf!

IMGP1890 

Hazel and Dinah.

IMGP1893

IMGP1903  IMGP1913

IMGP1917 

IMGP1919

IMGP1928 

IMGP1935 

IMGP1939 

Slugs are EVERYWHERE here.  Talmage is terrified of them.  Once when we were walking up from the garage after church or something, Talmage and the other kids were in front of me, and I heard Talmage suddenly start screaming like he was going to die.  I honestly thought I’d see blood when I got to him.  Nope—he had just accidently stepped on a slug.  Ha ha.

IMGP1940

IMGP1942

Lovely day.  The end.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

There are SNAKES in Switzerland??? And here you had me believing it was earth perfected. Ha.

Those slugs would freak me out too.

emily ballard said...

Kayli, thanks for the comment! Glad to know I'm not the only one who dreads bedtime! And oh my goodness. . . I am so jealous! Switzerland is on my list of top five places to visit.

I took an honors course at Utah State on Race and Diversity in South Africa. My professor came across an opportunity for me and another student to go there for an internship. We had started making arrangements to go. . . and then she decided to serve a mission.

I still remember the day (we were just dating, but knew we were going to get married) when I told Steve about how I was supposed to have been going to South Africa. Without missing a beat he asked, "Why don't WE go?"

. . . and that's the short version :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails