Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Talmage’s Third Birthday!

Talmage is now three!
 IMGP2465
We blew up some balloons to make things festive.
IMGP2463IMGP2466
I asked Talmage what kind of cake he wanted.  We gave him a few suggestions, like a car cake, but one morning we went to the second-hand store and he came home with a wee-ooh wee-ooh, which is, obviously, a fire engine, so the next time we asked him about a cake he asked for a wee-ooh wee-ooh. (He can’t actually say “I want a wee-ooh wee-ooh,” he just made the sound and we understood.)  Now, I searched the web and looked at different fire engine cakes, masterfully cut and created and decorated and for about 1 second I considered trying my hand at one, and then I made the executive decision to go the easy route.  So I printed off a picture of a wee-ooh wee-ooh, taped it to some toothpicks and saved myself a lot of time and effort.  And Talmage was impressed.  :)  And it was a carrot cake with cream cheese icing, and was delicious, so basically it was a win-win.
IMGP2470
This is a still from the video I took of when we sang Happy Birthday—isn’t he so adorable all excited? 
IMGP2471-2
IMGP2473
IMGP2476
IMGP2478
Jethro bought Talmage a car with his own money.  It was so sweet, and Talmage loves it.
IMGP2491
IMGP2493
We gave him a Hot Wheels wall track- where you stick this track to the wall and then you send your cars down.  It is pretty awesome and Talmage really gets a kick out of it (as you’ll see in the video).
IMGP2497
We sure LOOOOOOVE this boy!!!
IMGP2498
He also finally got a mattress so he can sleep on a big bed instead of in his pack n’ play, which is where he has slept for the past 18 months.  Because we’re on the ball like that.
IMGP2505
So here’s a little video of Talmage playing with his car track.  He can’t talk much, but he makes a lot of cool noises.  :)  And you can hear him say ‘wee-ooh wee-ooh.’


I love Mr. T!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

He sounds just like Jethro!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails