Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bow-ties.

I am so excited to show these pictures off! My friend Katrina always makes adorable bow-ties for her boys, and she even gave a tutorial on her blog of how to make them, but since I am sewing machine-less I pled with her to make a few for me-well, for my boys- and she, being the wonderful lady that she is, did indeed make me some. In fact, a few turned into quite a lot, and then that turned into dresses for the girls also! See how awesome she is?

So, as part of payment, I had to take really fabulous pictures of my kids in her awesome goods. Just kidding, I would have done that anyway. Anyhoo, it seemed so difficult to find a day to do it, not that we had pressing engagements all the time or anything, just the weather was so difficult –rainy a lot, and even if the sun did come out I couldn’t plan on it because it was so variable all day. Anyway, blah blah blah, I finally did pull everything together and had the most harrowing picture-taking experience ever!! Well, maybe not ever, but it was tiring (as trying to get pictures generally always is).

First of all, I had been keeping my eyes out for a good field for awhile, and had a place or two in mind, but right as I was going to get the kids out the door, Brett came home from work and said he had to go to a meeting and visit some people and had to take the van (I thought he was going straight to the meeting from work). Grrr. That left us to take pictures in places within walking distance. Okay. Luckily I live by a farm, right? So we walked to a field I had seen pretty grass in a day or so before on a walk with Ethne and Talmage. So we all walked there, and it was freshly mowed. Ruff. So then we walked back to our house, and we went into a little tiny field/lot place right by our apartment (no fence or anything by the way), and that was quite good actually, only then a lady came out and got after me for being in her field without asking. Actually she was not too mean about it, but definitely the message was –don’t come back. Luckily I was pretty much done by that point. Then a few other things that one must expect- Orrin fell off his chair on his face, Talmage peed his pants, Jethro moaned and whined. Sheesh—what a girl’s got to go through to get some pictures! But, after all was said and done, I think I got some keepers, don’t you agree?

IMGP2531

(I think Talmage is so so soooo adorable in the picture above, but I also think he looks like a miniature man, like, Jethro and Hazel are normal-sized, but he’s a hobbit or something. Ha ha.)

IMGP2537

IMGP2539

IMGP2540

IMGP2558

IMGP2557

Then for some individual shots.

IMGP2582 IMGP2583

I am absolutely in LOVE with this kid and his charmingly adorable grin, and his suspenders and his off-center bow-tie!!!

IMGP2584 IMGP2585

IMGP2591 IMGP2575

IMGP2565

IMGP2573

IMGP2567IMGP2608

IMGP2663

Love this one! :

IMGP2614

I can’t decide which of the following two I like better. So hard to decide!

IMGP2650

IMGP2651

IMGP2670 IMGP2674

IMGP2675

Jethro was the hardest of everyone to take pictures of. What a male. :)

IMGP2677 IMGP2678

And Orrin didn’t get any pictures taken of just him, because the lady came and chewed me out before I could, but there was a good one of him in one of the group shots, so here he is. Awwww.

IMGP2545

And finally, there was one little happy accident of the night. Since we didn’t drive the van and we were walking to the farmer’s field, we chanced to walk by some guys working on this cool looking car. And I thought to myself, Man- wouldn’t Brett think it was cool to have a picture of the kids in front of this car? So I had Jethro ask them if we could take a picture in front of it and they said sure. Pretty neat, eh?

vintagecar

Here are a couple other views in case you want to see what the car looks like better. The guys said it was a 1939 (but I don’t know what make or model) and had been in his family for 4 generations. They were really cute about it and two of them grabbed their phones and took pictures too. :) And Brett was impressed with these pictures. :)

IMGP2517

IMGP2525

The end. (p.s. I can’t wait to post about what Brett and I did on Saturday—it was soooo awesome!)

8 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

Oh WOW!!! I can't even tell you what ones I like best. They are awesome and I'm so glad you finally got your pictures. I love love love the one with the car. I'm super impressed you did them by yourself too. I always feel like I need Steve to make sure kids don't fall off chairs (apparently you did need Brett for that:) and to make kids smile and look at the camera. Hazel's dress did come out a little too long. I feel bad but at least she will be able to wear it for another year or more maybe:) It doesn't look bad though.

I'm jealous my sister gets to come hang out with you. I told her she better be nice. Hopefully it isn't too much of a stress on you.

Oh, and the mustaches are AWESOME! I am now going to steal your idea. I made Chandler a shirt with a mustache on it but I haven't used them in pictures yet.

Kris said...

Sweet!!! I love the mustaches and Talmage has got to be one of the cutest little kids ever! Absolutely love the one with them in front of the car. Timeless. I know what you mean about trying to get a good picture of ALL of them at once. EXHAUSTING AND FRUSTRATING! I tried doing that the other day and wasn't completely successful. Oh well. When are you guys done over there? Two years is coming up, isn't it?

nicole said...

Fantastic pictures.

Sooo, I'm a little glad to hear you all say that taking pictures is hard and exhausting. I seriously thought that your kids just stood there happily smiling like that. Really I did. No lie. So, I guess it gives me hope that if I wrangle them enough I might get a great picture...Maybe I'll wait until they're three though. Or four... wait, hmmmm. Five? I'm starting to feel like giving up again...

Andrea said...

Way to leave us with a cliffhanger. Where have you been besides trespassing? Talmage is adorable. I already told Chris and Bridget that Eli was cuter, so don't get a swelled head when they visit you and tell you how adorable your kids are.

Bye.

Lynn said...

Cool! So glad you were able to get all these pictures before all the mishaps started to happen. Love that car choice too!

Missy said...

Your kids are all so very cute. I love the bow ties and feather hair pieces!

Anonymous said...

The cr one is the wesomest! Hnds down. Sorry, my keybord still isn't working proper.
Kmi

Luckily the word verifiction hs no ""s s in pple.

Chillygator said...

I am SO in love with the pictures you take of your kids. They're fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails