Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Before School.

So, my philosophy is that life is like a bell-curve.

image

In almost all facets of your life, you’ve got the good times, the bad times, and the just-normal times.  Like with your spouse or your kids or your job (whether it’s being the homemaker or a outside job) your spirituality, everything - they all cycle through the highs and lows, but mostly it’s just normal life.  For instance, with your spouse- sometimes you are angry or annoyed with him and you fight and get really frustrated, and sometimes you are so enraptured and appreciative and attracted and whatnot, but most of the time you are happy to be married to him but don’t think too much about it and maybe take them slightly for granted and it’s just life.  (Though I would hope that you normally are on the high/positive side of the picture.)  And with your kids, sometimes you look at them and can’t believe how wonderful they are and beautiful and smart and amazing and you’re filled with love and are incredulous that you get to be their parent, and other times you want to pull your hair out because they’re driving you CRAZY and wish you could lock them in a closet but most of the time it fluctuates more in the middle and it’s life with them being cute but also annoying and you have to remind them to do their chores and stop bothering their siblings and they say funny things and give you hugs and get tired and whiny and you have to continually do things for them but they look cute in their pajamas and, and, and.   –Life.

Anyway, that’s my theory and I’m sticking to it. 

So, what brought this up?  I was just thinking about it because I was on kindof the positive end of the scale with my kids the morning I took these pictures.  My kids were just so adorable in their cute little outfits with their hair done for school (I’m not a strict every-day hair-doer)  ) and getting ready to walk together and being so excited and I just loved them so much.   It was a really pleasant morning.  Then when I picked Ethne up from kindergarten on Friday I watched her through the door and she was skipping and jumping around in excitement and she saw me and gave me the hugest smile and it was just so cute to see her in that environment, giving her teacher a handshake goodbye and rushing out to give me a hug.  So sweet.

IMGP2822 IMGP2823 IMGP2824 IMGP2827 IMGP2829 IMGP2835 IMGP2843 IMGP2846 IMGP2847

In this video I looooove watching Hazel be “mom” to Ethne and keep turning her around and trying to get her to talk but she’s still looking at me while she does it.  I just love it.  I think all oldest sisters are destined to be really good moms.  It's certainly true in my family and Brett’s. 

The end.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

cute kids. and I completely agree with your theory of the bell curve. And the awesome thing is, you didn't make up the name. Its a REAL name!! :)

Kayle and Heidi's Family said...

Kayli,
I have the same feelings as a mom, I just can't express myself so eloquently as you did...thank you for putting my thoughts into words! And as for the bell curve...I guess yours should be called a Bell curve and mine a Child curve ;) sorry just couldn't help myself! Breathe in a few extra breaths of that Swiss air for me would ya! Heidi Crockett Child

Megan said...

That was a funny video - Ethne was determined not to talk. Thanks for the compliment - could use it today. MIss you tons.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of the kids and cute video. Yes, it is a job that you have to be consistent in - a Mom - just keep on turning them around and going in the right direction!!!! Love the pics of Jethro. What a handsome boy!!! Love you. Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails