Thursday, May 20, 2010

Reunion

So, it’s been wet, rainy, and overcast for oh, about the last twenty years.  (Feels like.)  And this morning I woke up to a GORGEOUS, BEAUTIFUL, HAPPY, BRIGHT blue sky with sunshine streaming everywhere.  Ahhhh. 

And then, clouds moved in and covered all the blue.  Ruff.  So, for today, I thought I would hark back to a happier, sunnier, warmer time.  Here are some pictures from the reunion that I never posted because 1) I was moving to I didn’t know where and that consumed much of my time, 2) my sister already posted all about it, and 3) there were so many pictures that I was overwhelmed. 

But anyhow, now we can have a delightful little reminisce about the 2009 Rasmussen Family Reunion.  All out of order, but that’s okay.

There was the annual karaoke contest (karaoke used loosely, meaning lip-synch, sing-along, or whatever).  Derek and Brooke’s family won.  Again.  Ruff.  ;)  I have to say, their Mormon rap song was pretty sweet.jul-nov09 500  Bear Lake.  Ethne had a fun time.jul-nov09 342Races, tackle football games, eating sandy chips and sandwiches.  Good times. jul-nov09 353 jul-nov09 373

Wyatt posed.jul-nov09 380w Brett and I did a trick.jul-nov09 387

Then Hazel and Uncle Ethan did a trick too.jul-nov09 388

jul-nov09 391

  This was from the Carnival Day, which was way WAY awesome.  Grandpa with Ornery Ethne.jul-nov09 401 Brett was assigned to do the Mad Scientist booth.jul-nov09 410 Ethan’s job was the Dip of Death.  Later, in the afternoon when the sun had shone on the water and warmed it up, kids took turns getting dumped.  And listen to this—my brother Wyatt convinced me to get in and sit there –with all my clothes on—and let him have JUST ONE throw.  So, I did.  And after his ONE throw, he ran up and hit the thingee with his hand.  I scraped up my arms grabbing on to keep myself up (I deserved it for being so gullible).  My bottom half was soaked, but at least not my whole self.  It kept me comfortably cool for the rest of the day till I dried out.  :)jul-nov09 411 Wyatt and Megan were in charge of Pony Rides.jul-nov09 416

Uncle Tim had scoured D.I. and the Dollar Store (I think) for weeks and had incredibly cool prizes at his Balloon-Dart game.jul-nov09 418 Kami and Lindsay Ann were the AWESOME face-painters.  They were awesome.jul-nov09 421 jul-nov09 424 jul-nov09 428 Frozen Snowcones served by Strong Man Jack himself.  (A reunion with Grandpa ALWAYS includes snowcones.)

jul-nov09 430 And there were hotdogs, as any good carnival should have.

jul-nov09 431  Brett’s face painting job was a little trick—see if you can tell which eye is the real one and which is the fake.  (Because of this exciting incident two days before.)

jul-nov09 438

There was some slip-and-slidin’.jul-nov09 443

jul-nov09 446

jul-nov09 449 jul-nov09 450 jul-nov09 452 jul-nov09 453 jul-nov09 455 I am so lucky to have such a gorgeous mom.

jul-nov09 457 jul-nov09 461 Me and Lindsay Ann looking gorgeous.  (I was borrowing Ethan’s hat.)jul-nov09 463 And our daughters.  Ethne and Cassidy are incredible posers. jul-nov09 466 jul-nov09 467

Wow- the following pictures… well, I can’t put it any better than how Andrea put it:

Rules to live by according to Derek:
IF YOU CAN'T BE BUFF,
BE WEIRD.
Girls dig it.jul-nov09 469

  jul-nov09 470

jul-nov09 471 Isn’t the likeness of the real Jack and the poster Jack startlingly similar? (Kami is responsible for the awesome posters I believe.)jul-nov09 476 Lindsay hung out in the Magic Tree House and gave away books.  I like that in a carnival.jul-nov09 487 During the races, I insisted on a crawling race between Talmage and Isabel.  Talmage smoked her, as you can see.  Yeehaw!!jul-nov09 489 Andrea introduced a new race that was how to get across the gym the CRAZIEST way.  It was awesome.

jul-nov09 490 jul-nov09 491  There are so many more pictures.  But that’s enough.  Good times, very good times I say.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

oh man- Cory and I are in charge of the Livingstone reunion this summer- I want it to Rock- (much like yours did)- but holy cow, a lot of work. I might have to get more details from you. so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Good times --- thanks for the memories. We did have such a fun time!!! Love you and miss you. Oh by the way ---- you are invited to the next weiner roast!
Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails