Thursday, July 23, 2009

If you get queasy easily, you may want to avert your eyes.

The next exciting installment of the Rasmussen Reunion 09 (which doesn't officially even begin until this evening), the benefit of having a doctah (cheese-man) in the house, and it wasn't really my fault even though I told him to do it.

It all started out innocently enough. The grandkids were helping Grandpa make a little dam for the irrigation water, everyone else was milling around watching and visiting.

Here's a picture of Ethan and his girlfriend Kourtney, my sister Amy and Talmage. Notice the little ditch behind Kourtney? Because that proves to play an important role in this story.

You see, Brett leaned over and whispered to me, "Should I throw Ethan into the ditch?" I said of course, of course. Amy said yes too, so Brett barreled into him, and they did some nice dancing over from side to side of the ditch for a minute before getting more down and dirty. Literally and figuratively.


It happened really fast, and Brett stood up looking like this. Ethan got him in the eyebrow with an elbow. Brett said, "What do you do, Ethan, sharpen those things?"

Good times.

Luckily, we have a doctor in the house. Three to be exact, but only one of the medical persuasion. So we set up an operating table and everyone grabbed a seat around it to get in on the action. I got to sit the closest, since I have a VIP pass since I'm the wife.

Here's my brother Derek, the doc, prepping.

Mom was the nurse. She loves this kind of stuff. Should've been a doctor.


Four stitches.


It was a good show. Jokes abounded. Pictures were taken. No money exchanged hands, but doc and patient got a Fat Boy for their trouble. We all clapped at the end.

Oh, and my four-year-old nephew Chad went to the ER earlier in the day for stitches in his forehead. We're all very excited to see what the first "official" day of the reunion will bring!

5 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

He just happened to have all the stuff he needed for stiches at the house? Did Brett get numbed at all? Makes a funny story!!

Shelane said...

That's the best reunion story ever. really, did he get an anesthetic?

Amy said...

Craziness!!! Good thing you have such an abundance of docs in the family :)

Lynn said...

Only at a Rasmussen reunion!! LOL! And that's just the FIRST day!

Seriously though.....how pointy is THAT elbow. : D

Glad there's a house full of medical people there. You just might need it!

Gigi said...

No way! Sarah said just what I was thinking... Does your brother carry a doctor's bag wherever he goes?

I would have freaked out, but it does make for a good story! Guess I'll have to stay tuned for more from the Rasmussen Reunion.

Related Posts with Thumbnails