Tuesday, May 25, 2010

10 for Tuesday

1. Today I hugged Talmage so hard that he threw up on me. Luckily not too much. I guess that'll teach me to squeeze him. But I can't help it. He's so cute. I've just got to squeeeeeeeeeze.

2. When Jethro and Hazel got home from school, Talmage stood there waving to them and then he gave Jethro a big hug, and then Hazel, and then Jethro, and then Hazel. It was the sweetest thing ever.

3. Tonight the kids and I watched the movie 'Savage Sam' on youtube. It's the sequel to 'Old Yeller.' Strangely enough, Young Yeller is not in this movie. But a dog named Savage Sam is. It's pretty cool to see Travis and Arliss older-- but Arliss is the same old rock-chuckin crazy kid. Go watch. It's good. Especially good if you watch it with a 7-year-old boy. Oh my Jethro is so cute.

4. Today I had the itch for fresh salsa. So I went to the store and tomatoes were on sale for half price. Clearly, it was meant to be. Then I made the salsa, then I ate a bunch and it was so good it made me want to sing songs of praise to it.

5. Brett is coming back to me from the far-off isle of England tonight! I won't be so lonely in my big, rock-hard bed. Sigh.

6. I forgot to tell about how we went to the Embassy to get our house papers notarized. We looked up how much such a thing would cost in Switzerland and it was OUTRAGEOUS. Like, 750 franks outrageous. Apparently, in Switzerland you don't just pay for the notary, but for the services of a lawyer or something crazy like that. So I had the genius idea to see if the US Embassy would do that, and they did! But we got to go through the crazy-strict security and then wait a million hours which drove Brett crazy but it was all worth the money we got to keep in our wallet.

7. Also, I had my first experience at a doctor's office in Switzerland. It was even for myself, and not one of the kids. I had a gross nasty pinkeye infection, so I just called up the nearest doctor (who conveniently works out of a little place inside an apartment building in our little village) and scheduled a visit. It was soooo awesome. I didn't have to wait, I didn't have to fill out a million bajillion papers on my life's health history, in fact-I didn't even remember to bring in my cell phone out of the car so I couldn't even write down my phone number. I just wrote my address, my insurance, and umm, birthday I think. Then the doctor looked at my eye, asked if I was allergic to anything, and walked into the next room and got the eye drops and ointments for me and handed them to me. Doctors do that here- you don't have to go to the pharmacy. I guess we'll see how great it still was after I get the bill in the mail (which I will then promptly send to my insurance.)

8. When Ethne says 'pretty please' it sounds like 'fitty feese.' Very funny.

9. When I was still pushing snooze on my alarm this morning Jethro came in and told me that Talmage had taken off his diaper. Sometimes Talmage takes off a stinky pooey diaper when he's in his crib and chucks it onto the floor, so I was not so happy that my morning was going to start off with cleaning poo from sheets, floor, and baby.

10. When I went in, I saw that the diaper on the floor was not pooey, only wet. How I loved that wet diaper!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I, too, am a squeezer. Sometimes until the kid yells, "Mommy! This hug is too hard!" but seriously...they're so cute.

Kristi said...

I always tell Maggie that I want to eat her up.
but she told me today that humans don't eat humans.
too bad.
funny stuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails