Thursday, April 16, 2009

The new and improved sewing project

The sewing project gone awry was supposed to be this-- but I cut the shirt that I was using too narrow. Just a tad. ;) So I went to Goodwill and picked up a new (men's) shirt and it was all good, because I used the old shirt to make the hair bow and bows on the sleeves and the waistband. And I also took off the dark blue buttons and will switch them out for the white ones, but I haven't done that yet, so it's not pictured. Anyway. It was a fun project and it turned out perty adorable. Here's the super tutorial. Oh, and she's wearing a white collared shirt under the dress.

And here are the pictures. (You can click to see bigger.)




And lastly, a classic Ethne face. What a psycho kid. But cute.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

That's ADORABLE!
I love the pin striping and the mix of two shades of blue. So classic.. and SO cute!
Great job!

Shelane said...

Nice save. And no new buttonholes to boot!

Heather S. said...

That looks so cute. Good Job!

Andrea said...

No wonder she's making weird faces---your squishing her head under the weight of that massive bow.

jessica said...

CUTE!!!

Kristi said...

okay, that wasn't the dress I was thinking of- but is super cute. I think you definitely should share all the fun tutorials you have found! fun.

dana said...

Okay, this one is ADORABLE! I'm so glad you tried the Madame Librarian puff sleeves. You totally pulled everything off and added a cute style. I like the little white shirt underneath. I swear she looks like a character out of a Madeline book. So cute!
Thanks for the tutorial feedback. You're right, maybe I should italicize or red highlight the warnings. I'm working on a different tutorial right now, so that's good to know!
When I get a few more pictures of people's dresses, I'm going to post a collage of everyone's creations. I'll include yours if you don't mind!

Related Posts with Thumbnails