Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How come I keep feeling like I'm behind in posting and that I am forgetting tons of things that I meant to post. Oh well I guess.
The other day Hazel came up to me and said, "I'm ready for a baby sister." Hmmm, well now that I know YOU'RE ready I can get right on that.

On Sunday Brett ran in to school to set up some of his experiments for the following day. He set up for THE LAST OF HIS EXPERIMENTS!!! and it would take him 12 hours. He only had the confocal microscrope until 2 p.m. so he went in to work that night/morning at 2:00. But now he's done experimenting and can focus on data analysis and WRITING. Joy.
Ethne's into being "gaiwd" or scared of stuff. The other day at dinner she was really being a clown, and she pointed and said, "Gaiwy!!" and I said, "Of what?" And she she pointed again and said, "I gaiwd!" (with a really funny scared/stricken look on her face), and I said, "You're scared of the orange juice?" and she said, "Yeah." Then we heard Brett get home and come into the garage on his motorcycle and she said, "I gaiwd." Silly kid.
I love this picture of Hazel and Talmage.
The other day we went to Sportsman's Warehouse which is going out of business, and everything was 60-80% off and got some fun goodies. We bought a really nice GPS, which we're considering selling on ebay but I don't know for sure, some nice shoes for Brett, a waterproof jacket (I used it today in the rain and was completely dry!!!! I could jump in a river in that thing and not get wet!) which was originally $119 or something outrageous like that. We also bought a hand-crank radio/flashlight which we really wanted for our 72 hour kit anyway, and some really warm winter gloves for the kids. Pretty sweet. But they didn't have any shotguns which was what Brett wanted to buy in the first place.

Jethro is so cute here.

Another of Hazel's great illustrations.
Oh, what an adorable boy. I love him sooooo much! He smells so sweet.




5 comments:

Gigi said...

I love the picture of Ethne sitting on the floor. She looks VERY grown up! I'd also like to know where you found her cute shorts. It seems I can only find "hot pants" for Bergen. And you've convinced me to head to Sportsman's Warehouse tomorrow - if at all possible.

Andrea said...

I laughed out loud numerous times during this post. Let's just NOT let Emeline tell Ethne about snails to preserve what little peace you have left.

Hazel is an amazing artist for her age. Timothy even says so. Talmage is ridiculously adorable--like always.

The best part of your post was Ethne with the bag. Attitude from the half-dressed midget. HIlarious!!

Ginger said...

Are you pregnant? mmm

Everytime I see pictures of your kids, I think that Ethne is Hazel...because Hazel will always be Ethne's age in my mind. Thank goodness Ethne's hair is red, that's the only thing that saves me.

Ginger said...

And to answer your question, ...in code: esyay.

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh Kayli!
I FINALLY got home and FINALLY got caught up on your blog. You have been BUSY! Never mind the house. Just keep blogging. : D LOL. Love it!
The pictures and everything were great. You have some amazing fun places to go to with the kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails