Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm married to an oldie, and park pictures

On Saturday Brett turned 30. Which means I'm a very young girl married to a very old man. Luckily he's a good-looking old man, so it's all good. :)

On Saturday Hazel woke up in the morning and came into my bed and Brett was already gone with Jethro to a service project, and I said, "Guess what day it is," and she said, "what?" and I said, "It's Daddy's birthday." And she asked how old he was, and I said 30!!!! And she gaped. And I said, "I KNOW! OLD isn't it?" And she said, "But we still love him. Cause he doesn't have grey hair."

We did Bug Bowl stuff on Saturday, so we had his birthday celebration on Monday. Here he is blowing out his candles (obviously not 30 of them) on his Texas Sheet Cake, with a portion sans-icing because that's how he likes it (the weirdo).
And here he is with our friend Jared (who lighted the candles with his propane torch (gotta love Jared)), with the strawberry-rhubarb pie I made him. He loves strawberry-rhubarb pie, but I don't like pie at all (fruit was never meant to be hot), so he gets one per year, on his birthday. It looked nice though.
And here he is with all his little friends that he invited to his party. :) Just kidding, but between us and two of our friends' families, there end up being a lot of little kids. We had to laugh because it looked just like Brett was having a little kids party.
Oh, and the balloon that was given to us free at the grocery store that morning, which had a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon on it that I turned into a 30 balloon. Classy, isn't it? ;)

Everybody mocked me that I got him all presents that were really for me. Rude--can I help it that my husband and I have similar tastes? He likes Coldplay, I like Coldplay. He likes almond joys, I like almond joys. Okay, the ball glove really was for me, but I need someone to play catch with!! And I got him a Dremel tool, which was definitely not for me, which he returned and instead bought a much more expensive version.
So, really nothing too cool for his birthday. Which is sad, because I wanted a really exciting celebration, but oh well. I was going to hide the presents and make him do a treasure hunt to find them, but life happened and the treasure hunt did not. I really think Brett probably minds a lot less than I do. :)

These pictures were from the other day when the weather was nice so we walked to the park.


Jethro and Hazel inside the blue tunnel thing on the playground.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! Old??? Dean must be ANCIENT! LOL!

Notice I didn't say me. I am not ancient or old. Nope. I am not!

Tracy said...

What's a texas sheet cake and sansicing? And the pie does look beautiful-well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails