Wednesday, April 22, 2009

9 is fine.

1. So, to answer the bread questions, yes, you can do half a batch in a kitchen aide. Yes, the total cook time is 30 minutes, and as to whether you can do it by hand--Yes it can be done. My mother and her mother made it without a mixer many a year. However, I tried it a couple times at college without good results, so I don't really have any advice for that. And I do not know where to buy 9 grain cereal. I think my mom buys it at a store called Kitchen Kneads in Utah, and I think they ship, but I've never bought it so I don't know.

2. A bird built a nest on top of our wreath on the front door.
Silly bird. But we only noticed it today, although I did notice that the door was a little bit muddy on Sunday, but it was rainy... So, silly us?
3. I'm kindof trying to keep a tally in my head of things that I could be glad of if we were to stay here instead of moving. Things like- I already know my way around and don't have to be lost half the time, many good friends (although I don't think of the part about 9/10ths of them being students and so they will be moving away anyway), I get to continue playing volleyball every Tuesday night (that is a huge one), it's not somewhere worse, and Jethro maybe being in the Challenge school next year (he did testing there today and yesterday). But the other day there was a sign that we shouldn't stay here, because one of my positive tallies for Indiana was that I have a great obstetrician who has delivered 2 of my babies, successfully did a version for 2 of my babies, was doc for another of my babies--so he knows me and I love him for saving me from having to have a c-section. Anyway, I got a letter in the mail saying he's leaving his practice here. Crossing that one off the mental list.

4. Jethro got a really cool football in his Easter basket. We played today. It was fun.
5. One time, I told my sister Lindsay that ever since she brushed their teeth for them when we were in Utah, they make sure we don't ever forget to brush their tongues (heaven forbid!) because Aunt Linday said you should. And she said, "YAY! I've made an oral impact on somebody!!" Ummm? What a weirdo.
6. Here is a cool poem I found in a book I got at the library today. I've never read it before. How could I have missed it?! It is by Lewis Carroll.

"SISTER, sister, go to bed!
Go and rest your weary head."
Thus the prudent brother said.

"Do you want a battered hide,
Or scratches to your face applied?"
Thus his sister calm replied.

"Sister, do not raise my wrath.
I'd make you into mutton broth
As easily as kill a moth"

The sister raised her beaming eye
And looked on him indignantly
And sternly answered, "Only try!"

Off to the cook he quickly ran.
"Dear Cook, please lend a frying-pan
To me as quickly as you can."

And wherefore should I lend it you?"
"The reason, Cook, is plain to view.
I wish to make an Irish stew."

"What meat is in that stew to go?"
"My sister'll be the contents!"
"Oh"
"You'll lend the pan to me, Cook?"
"No!"

Moral: Never stew your sister.


7. Talmage has two sharp little chompers on the bottom. They came in about a month and a half ago, but I forgot to record it. Now when he does the really cute eat your face thing, it hurts quite a bit.

8. We don't have any apples left. That is sad. I've eaten almost my weight in scotcheroos and texas sheet cake in the last couple days, and an apple sounds good.

9. Brett's going to bed, so I have to go. He goes to bed early. But he gets up early, so I guess that's reasonable.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes volleyball is a very good reason to stay! It would not be the same without you there! Tuesday nights are my favorite. Oh and I think we have an apple if you want to come eat it!

Lynn said...

Hey! Nice bird nest! Funny that you didn't hear all that scratching going on at your front door. I think it's pretty neat. The bird eggs and then baby birds will be the really cool thing about the Bells' front door wreath. Think how unique that would be.

Ginger said...

So was your Doctor Dr. Sinnott? I'd noticed that he name has been gone from the wall directory at his office--we take our kids to the other side of that office to see Dr. Li, so I had noticed that his name wasn't there. Oh, how sad. I really liked him too.

Tracy said...

Love the poem, and volleyball is definitely a plus on that list! Do you have the same OB as me? I got a letter from mine saying he was moving. Mine was Peter Genaris. And way cool bird's nest on the door. Are you going to move it?

It can't be all that bad if you just stick around for another year or two. You can leave when we do, and then we can have even more fun on Tuesday nights and maybe we can start hanging out on other nights as we REALLY start to like each other ;-)

MarySquare said...

Eddie does the eat your face thing too and his little bottom teeth have also made it painful. But it is so cute I can't stand not doing it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails