Thursday, April 17, 2008

I finally feel Spring-y!


I know it's been warmer now for a while, but I finally feel really and truly springy! I bought Hazel a new pink shirt (sheesh that girl is so cute in pink!) and we broke out the shorts. Yesterday was a beautiful kite flying day, so Jethro, with the help of his wonderful dad, took his shark kite out for a fly, or swim, however you look at it. I love seeing kids play. It is so good feeling.
Then today, I washed the car (I know it's supposed likely to rain tomorrow, but the birds had pooped all over it)...okay, so I started washing the car, and then Brett came out and finished--but still, I had very good intentions.
And, I'm very excited to report that I planted peas today!! Woohoo--that is so exciting! And I did that all by myself too, no help from Brett. (A little help from Jethro though, who had to make sure that we didn't chop any of the worms we uncovered with our shovels.) Hopefully our peas will do a little better this year than in the past, but I've never planted them quite this early, so here's hoping. Nothing better than a tasty snack of peas straight from the shell. (Except maybe a tomato straight from the vine or a cob of corn...)
And lastly, but certainly not leastly, :) , it's warm enough to stick my kids in cute outfits, like these ADORABLE swimming suits that I LOVE LOVE LOVE sent from my wonderful sister Amy, which match the hat I already had, and take many pictures. Aren't you excited. :)


I love her skinny legs! They're so teeny! And her feet are still like baby feet--not toddler feet!





What an ADORABLE girl!!!

Mmm, delish!

Hazel was too whiny about being cold so I only got one good picture. But it WAS good.
Happy Spring! (Sorry to those of you in Utah or Canada where it's snowing. If it's any consolation it will probably be rainy and gray here for several days now that we've had our few nice ones.)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

that hat is too cool! and those swim suits are adorable. apparently we were supposed to wake up to snow, but there is none yet. here's hoping it isn't coming!

MerryPair said...

I know the feeling! We had one day of 80 degrees (before the blizzard came in). And Maggie and I were outside in shorts and I got a sunburn! It was glorious.

The Haws Family said...

Too funny that you put your girls in swimsuits in April! It is actually supposed to hit 70 today, and then tomorrow be back down to 40. Sigh. I am ready for warm weather!!!! It has been a long, long winter. Sigh. Today in class someone said that I was a really happy person, and I said "Well yeah, cause if I wasn't happy, that would be sad." Then everyone, including me, realized the obviousness of what just came out of my mouth. I was severely laughed at. It was pretty funny. That is my story for the day. Two weeks until the semester is officially OVER! YAY!

Lynn said...

Man your kids are SO cute! I am jealous of your weather and Spring clothes! Thanks for your small consolation though. Glad to know you care. : S LOL!

Christal said...

I love these pictures so so cute !!Love the swimsuit I wish we could do that but no we have 5 days of snow in the forecast someday spring will be here to stay!! Right!

Kris said...

Totally cute swim suits! They look like they might be a little chilly wearing them, though! :) Don't you just love getting outside and enjoying the sunshine and warm temps? It's so invigorating. It was good to see you yesterday too. I meant to tell you that I loved your skirt! Way to go on your garden! What a go-getter! We haven't done anything to ours yet. We need to till it first, but we always have to borrow someone's. Fresh peas sound so yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails