Friday, April 18, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!!

Dude--there was an earthquake early this morning--5:00ish or something, and Brett woke up and he said to me, "I think this is an earthquake," and me, being an idiot, even though the house was SHAKING was like, "Maybe it's just the wind rattling" cause I was thinking, we don't have earthquakes here...we're not on a fault line. Well, it turns out, there WAS an earthquake!!! The epicenter was in Illinois, and it was a 5.2 or something like that. BIZARRE!!!!! What a strange feeling.

5 comments:

Heather S. said...

John said it originated near Evansville. Originally they thought it was in Illinois. That's crazy!

Lynn said...

Crazy! I have never felt one and I hope I don't. Interesting that you described it as wind blowing hard on the house.. what a good description. Glad you guys are okay.

MarySquare said...

Did you feel the aftershock around 11 am? I was sitting here at work and I started rocking in my chair and the monitor started rocking.

Christal said...

Wow a bit scary eh its nicer to feel like it was just the wind eh I would have done the same thing! Glad you guys are all alright! I've never been in just lots of tornado warnings last year in Florida scary when I didn't have a clue what your even supposed to do in one!! We learned fast and they missed our county but no matter what it is its still scary! Well hope you have a great weekend!! ttyl

Kristi said...

wowers!
we are having a winter blizzard here. again. crazy stuff going on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails