Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hazel in Gap dress

Sheesh--what an ordeal it was to get these pictures up. They were going to be on the same post as the last one, but I was having issues--I think blogger's been on the fritz today.

So, I went to Once Upon a Child (it's gotta be my favorite store--I spend so much money there) the other day to get some summer stuff for the kids because I had a coupon, and I saw this dress. I loved it, but it was 3T, so Hazel's basically out of it, and Ethne won't fit into it for awhile, so I didn't buy it. But I thought about it again and again, so I finally decided to buy it and I went back and I couldn't find it! !!!!! I was completely bummed, and wandered about desolately. That's the problem with a used kids clothing store--if you don't nab something up the minute you see it, it can be gone forever (which is what happened to a Cinderella dress-up dress I was going to buy Hazel for her birthday. Oh well, I guess she'll never know.) Anyway, but THEN I looked through the rack one last time, very thoroughly, and I found it! I was very happy--an oh-so-cute Gap dress for around 5 dollars. :)

And just look how beautiful Hazel is in it. She put it on and I did her hair, and then I was going out to vacuum the car, but I said, "I just want to take a few quick pictures of you," and she moaned of course, but it was soooo perfect because it clouded over while we took the pictures, and I almost thought it might rain and I wouldn't vacuum the car after all, but pretty much as soon as I put the camera away, the sun came out again. How fortuitous was that?

We also went to the park this morning, and when I took Ethne out of the car and she saw the big playground, she was so excited she could hardly stand it. It was so cute, her face could barely contain her smile and she waved her arms in spasms of joy (and the worms curled and uncurled in spasms of joy--name that book anyone). It's a park we haven't been to for a long time that's very bright and big and colorful. She also liked the geese that we watched on the water for awhile.

Oh, and I had my ultrasound yesterday, but I'm not going to post a picture because I think everybody's seen ultrasound pictures and they just look like aliens anyway. (Or is it because I'm becoming a lame old mother of four? Did I just say mother of four? Oh my gosh.) Anyway, I did not find out the gender, even though I very badly wanted to, because Brett did not want to (and I know you're not supposed to end your sentences with a preposition but I'm going to anyway). And he was having a very very crummy day and called me right before I left to tell me how frustrated he was, so I decided to give in to his wishes. I asked the technician if she did see whether it was a boy or a girl, and she said, "Oh yeah, for about ten seconds." Which at first made me think, it must be a boy, since they're usually much more positive about boys, but then I figured, well, if it was a clear shot and she saw it for ten seconds then it could have almost as easily been a girl. So...back where I started. :)



















This was her "growly" face. Ha ha!


12 comments:

Andrea said...

The worms curled and uncurled in spasms of GLEE. Gosh, get it right. It is my favorite line in the book, after all!

Kami said...

I love that dress!!! Hazel is adorable! I love the picture of the tree too. So is this the colors you want to keep?

Rachael said...

How did I miss the fact that you're pregnant? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Katrina said...

Um, have you mentioned on here before that you are pregnant? And obviously far enough along that you can tell the gender! Congrats!!! When's the due date?

Kristi said...

gorgeous girl, dress, and pictures! nice work!

Joanne said...

Cute pictures, cute girl and very cute dress. I'm a little jealous!! congrats again on being a mom to four. it's fun!!!

Heather S. said...

That's so exciting about the baby. That means maybe you can find out later if you talk Brett into it.

That dress is so gosh darn cute. I want one of those for me! Why are kids clothes so much cuter than adult clothes. No fair!

Rebecca said...

Great pictures. You're an awesome photographer!

The Holdaway's said...

Adorable dress and pics!

Ginger said...

Hazel will thank you one day that she looks fabulous in all of her little girl pictures that you've taken. What an awesome mom you are!

And oh, I was going to comment forever ago, that we have that same shark kite. It's very cool. And Sam is in love with it.

Christal said...

she looks so dang cute!! Love the dress!!!! How did I miss the post that you were pregnant congrats so excited for you!! Four kids wow let me know how it goes we are on the adoption waiting list for about a month and half now and are excited to have another baby! But congrats to you!!!ttyl

Anonymous said...

If Hazel isn't the spitting image of her father at that age...

Related Posts with Thumbnails