Saturday, April 26, 2008

here comes another one...

This is Jethro leaving for school. He had to eat his sandwich on the way or he'd be late, and when Brett saw this picture, he was like "Does he always eat his lunch on the way?" and I had to say, "Well, umm, not always..." and then I tried to blame it on Jethro, because he never hustles when I tell him to hustle and get ready. But he's so cute anyway.

And here's cute little flower Ethne with such a funny expression. Sheesh that little squirt is so adorable.


And Hazel learned how to do a headstand. Sort of.
And here FINALLY is my photo collage in my front room. Sorry I didn't clear off the top of the piano before I took pictures. But that's the idea. Brett said, "Why did you get 90% finished doing your collage and then stop?" And of course there is no good answer to that except that I wanted him to help me (I'm very NOT independent) and so I didn't want to bug him during his stressful time and so yeah. It didn't get done until today when HE made us do it. :) That's why I love him..

Some things. First, I really like the dark, high contrast black-and-whites on the computer screen, but on the wall they are WAY too dark. If I was going to mess around with everything until it was perfect, I would lighten most of the black and whites up. And probably have more color ones, which is not what I expected. Secondly, we would have spread the whole thing out more, just made the whole thing bigger and wider by 10 or 15%. But that's what we learned by doing it in our "play house" first. I'm not going to change anthing right now because we'll (probably/hopefully) be moving somewhat soon and plus I have a new kid to add to the wall in about three months. Wow--that's coming right up, isn't it!


And of course, the empty oval. I really like having an oval frame in there, but I couldn't decide on a picture. Kami told me to do a wedding picture, which makes a lot of sense, but I don't like any of my wedding pictures enough to be a focal picture. So...now I'm trying to decide between just a big B, or a quote like 'Together is my favorite place'. Any thoughts, suggestions, votes?
I'm tired. Today I had a yard sale at my house, which went pretty well considering it was a freezing cold day, the likes of which we haven't seen forever-go figure, but still quite well. We got rid of some stuff to clear out of our house and made a little money to boot. I was proud of myself because after all my garage-saleing I knew the things NOT to do. And it was pretty fun too, because I got to just sit for most of the time and chat with my friend and mock what people bought (hey, just because we sell something doesn't mean we'd buy it).
And that's all for now because I have to go cut Brett's hair.

6 comments:

Steve and Katrina said...

WOW!! You even accomplished something after the yard sale. I'm impressed and I really like the collage. It makes me want to make one. I did one in Chandler's room but just a small one but I like it with more frames. Thanks so much for doing the yard sale with me. It was actually a lot of fun- though very tiring. I was so excited with the money I made that I called my mom just to tell her. I'm such a dork. Anyway, it was lots of fun so thank you for all your hard work. Oh, and Ethne is so so so cute.

MerryPair said...

Bravo. Very artistic. My sister did one once and it was very cool. Maybe when I have a wall that is made up of something other than cinderblock I might venture into the photo collage world. I did manage to get your painting thingy you made for us to stick on the cinderblock though. I get lots of great comments on it, by the way.

I also noticed the first person that posted a comment and i had to say that I only know 2 Katrinas in the whole world and both are married to a Steve. I think every Katrina ever to live must be married to a Steve.

Lynn said...

Side note: We have a Katrina and Steve in our ward too. So funny.
Kayli, I LOVE your collage. The idea of a "B" or a quote is an excellent idea. I have that quote in our bedroom. Another good one is ".....All because two people fell in love." I have that one in vinyl on my photo wall.
What ever you scrapbook in the empty frame will look great. Love it all ready.

Twylla Gibbens said...

I love your frames! and congrats on the pregnancy I hadn't heard!

Ginger said...

Love it, love it, and love it

Maybe since you don't like any of your wedding pictures, you and Brett should dress up in your old wedding clothes and take a few pictures. Providing that you still have the dress and stuff, and providing that you don't laugh at my silly suggestion

Joanne said...

okay.. that was the funniest comment I have had on my blog. I actually want to try the whole flippers etc pictures just for you. thanks for the idea. Cute wall collage- wanna come and visit and do mine?

Related Posts with Thumbnails