Monday, December 31, 2007

Live from Chicago

I am here in Chicago, visiting my lovely sister Kami. Kami is puking about every twenty minutes. It makes ME never want to be pregnant again, and I don't even get morning sickness!

But we have been having fun and laughing and doing crazy things like quadrupling a batch of chocolate pancakes because of a small issue with calculating a measurement of baking soda. Good times. Luckily, the pancakes are very delicious. With whipped cream and strawberries they are superb. Good thing since she'll have some in her freezer for quite some time. :)

My sister Lindsay told me a funny story. She's been at home from school for Christmas break, and one night when she came in, Ethan said, "Get out of here. You don't live here anymore. You're not allowed here." And she said, "I have doughnuts," and he said, "I accept you." Ha ha.

Speaking of my sister Lindsay, how many of you think she will wait for her misionare? I was talking to a missionary at church yesterday who goes home in about two months and it came up that his female friend dear johned him about nine months into the mission. He said it's okay--it was actually the most liberating day of his whole mission (but really, what else could he say?). Anyway, he claims that 98% of missionaries with a girlfriend get dear johned. So I was trying to think if that was consistent with my own experiences. I know my brother got dear johned, Kerry's husband dear janed a girl to marry Kerry, but my sister Andrea married the guy she dated before he left on his mission (though they didn't write each other while he was on his mission), and Ginger was still available when Loren came home. So if you had a missionary relationship, tell me if waiting worked or not waiting worked out for you. (I know, I know, you're not supposed to confess that you were "waiting", but you know what I mean.)



We started talking last night about how a guy in Brett's lab is going to get some mice with no immune system who live in a sterile environment to do experimentation on soon, and so the famous mouse with a human ear on it came up. You have seen this picture, right? Pretty nasty.

Hmm. Those are my thoughts for now. Have a nice day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That ear picture did not help my morning sickness.

Christy said...

Carl and I wrote every week while we were on our missions (2 1/2 years). I dear johned him one week while I was in the MTC and then the next week I changed my mind. I also kissed a boy before I went into the mtc (not carl) and he had a girlfriend (not me) when I came home. That ended pretty quickly once I came back home because he knew I was clearly the superior choice. ;) It's been moonlight and roses ever since. Well, not really. Carl is like Brett and thinks flowers are a waste of money. Bummer.

Charlotte said...

I didn't wait for anyone, but my friend's sister, Jen waited successfully for her missionary. So it does happen! :)

Rachael said...

hmm...well, i did dear john someone. two someones, actually. oops! and my friend waited for a missionary...but it didn't work out.

Anonymous said...

I know more people who married their missionaries than those who didn't. Andrea

Related Posts with Thumbnails