Thursday, December 6, 2007

Do you and your spouse ever do this?

This is a purely hypothetical situation.

Husband-- Hey wife!
Wife-- Yes husband?
H-- Were you going to go get a movie like you suggested earlier?
W-- Nah. It's too late, already 9:30.
H-- Oh. ....Well, do you want to go get me some kitty litter?
W-- What?
H-- Well, there's this big mess of oil all over the garage floor I'm trying to get cleaned up.
W-- Umm, don't you want to go get it?
H-- Well, you could just run and get some for me. cheesy hopeful smile.
W-- Do you have to have it right now?
H-- Well, I'm trying to clean up right now.
W-- Right now?
H-- Never mind.
Wife leaves, but comes back after a few guilty minutes of just mucking around the internet.
W-- Do you really need me to go get some?
H-- Never mind.
W-- Do you really not want me to anymore, or are you just saying that?
H-- If you don't freely want to help, then I don't care.
W-- Do you not like me anymore?
H-- I never said that.
W-- So in the bottom of your heart do you really want me to go get the kitty litter or not?
H-- I don't care.
W-- I changed my mind. I do want to help you. Look, I'm going to go get the kitty litter.
Wife starts getting shoes and coat on
H-- Look, you don't have to go. It would be one trip just for kitty litter. You can get it later.
W-- But I already have my shoes on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. I must say, though, that after reading the title, I was hoping to click through to find an illustration.

Kami said...

That was hysterical, and oh how I relate to it.

Katrina said...

We've all been there in some form or another.

Amy said...

Were you at my house last night? Susbsitute "Christmas lights" for kitty litter and that was us. Too funny.

Heather S. said...

That totally sounds like the type of conversation that would take place at our home. But the topic probably would have involved food, or stamping.

MerryPair said...

Only real men are that crazy about kitty litter. Once we get a house, I wouldn't be surprised if kitty litter ends up on Drew's Christmas list!

Steve and Katrina said...

That's really funny Kayli and yes that is often what is heard around here. Though I think we don't sound so nice about it all.

Rachael said...

so the funny thing is that we have those conversations in reverse. and then i always say things like "are you mad at me?" and he says "no, why would you think that?" and i say "because you stopped talking" and he says "well, sometimes i think, it's just girls that never stop talking."

Related Posts with Thumbnails