Monday, December 3, 2007

Article recommendation from the Dean of Education

This was from my dad to me and all my siblings:

Hi, This is your Dad speaking. I am sending a URL for an article that all Moms & Dads should read & remember. It is especially applicable for all my Melon Headed Children who each believed that they were either gifted and didn't need to do any work at all in a subject (good looks and inherited genius would suffice), or believed themselves inherently unable (does math ring a bell with anybody), rather than recognizing that some things just take a little more effort. I think you all eventually figured it out but thought you would find the article interesting. ( i initially said this in a much more creative way but your mother didn't like me harassing her babies!!!!) I await your reviews with anticipation!
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=the-secret-to-raising-smart-kids
Love FOG

2 comments:

Kris said...

I only got to read the first page but will go back and read it all. Kent and I were just talking about this b/c they are having some people think it's OK not to assign homework if they do well on tests and quizzes - go figure. Anyway, sent the article to him at school so maybe this will help! Glad you posted it!

L said...

interesting...i liked what i read, thanks for posting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails