Friday, June 20, 2014

Waterfall Hike

The Saturday of the week we got home from France we went for a hike to the Seven Springs - sources of the Simme River.  It had been on my list of places to go for a while.  In fact, Kami, it was on my list of places to go with you and Leo when you were going to come.  Too bad that didn't happen. :(


Anyway, it was an awesome hike because honestly most of the hike is right by a waterfall, which really keeps things much more interesting and distracts you from the hike--meaning the kids didn't need near as much 'encouragement' to keep going.


And it was beautiful.




 
Peace.



 






 





 





I can't remember why this happened--


But Wyatt thought it was a fun idea, so he joined in without any prompting.  :)







Bicycle saw.



 There it is!


 


Hazel came with me and we climbed up right by the sides of the falls.




I think if I were 10 years old I would want Hazel to be my best friend.  She's such an awesome girls.


 http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LP_pNtxPpiE/U6SNZxyHN3I/AAAAAAAAu5k/sj03ZWg8iLA/s1600/IMGP1997.JPG



She was leading the way down, and she said, "Should we go down through this hole?" and I said "Sure."  So we did.










 

 We had been invited to have dinner that evening with our neighbors.  This is their little girl Jeanne, who is the same age as Wyatt.  They often play in the sandbox together.  :)



Their daughter Lara is in Jethro's class, and their daughter Naya is Hazel's age.


It was perfect to come home from a long day of hiking and have a delicious dinner spread out for us.  :)  It was a lovely day.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Why do you want to move back? Postcard perfect.

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking! Really sad I didn't get to go now. Someday. Kami

The Haws Family said...

This is what I would want to do if I was there. Amazing.

Alisha Erin said...

I have to second Andrea. I know why you want to come back, and I can't blame you for all those reasons, but then there are pictures like these and man, all those reasons feel like they disappear!

Rachael said...

So, so,so beautiful! Here's an idea...I will move to Switzerland to go on hikes like this all the time, and then Hazel and Abigail can be best friends and go crazy with adventures together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails