Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good good books.

Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them!
How I need them!
I'll have a long beard
by the time I read them.
~Arnold Lobel~
image
10 of my favorite books to read over and over:
1. Mrs. Mike – Nancy and Benedict Freedman
image
2. Quest for a Maid- Frances Mary Hendry
image
3. The Perilous Gard- Elizabeth Marie Pope
image
4. House of Many Rooms – Rodello Hunter
image
5. One Time, I Saw Morning Come Home – Clair Huffaker
image
6. The Prisoner of Zenda – Anthony Hope
image
7. The Witch of Blackbird Pond – Elizabeth George Speare
image
8. Young Pioneers – Rose Wilder Lane
image
9. I Capture the Castle – Dodie Smith
image
10. Ghosts I Have Been – Richard Peck
image

6 comments:

Kerry said...

I Capture the Castle? Seriously? You can read that multiple times? I remember liking the Witch of Blackbird Pond when I was younger...haven't read it in a long while. I should read it again. Haven't heard of any of the other books you mentioned.

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing, Kayli. There are several on your list I haven't read, but would like to. One of MY favorites comes from the author of your quote! Frog and Toad are the best...and I love listening to the audio of Arnold Lobel reading the books. My personal favorite short story--"Cookies." :)

Andrea said...

I haven't read Ghosts I Have Been. Since the rest of your list is STELLAR, I will rectify that . . . as soon as possible. (Wish I could say immediately, but right now I am supposed to be putting together a powerpoint on gender differences and finishing grading some papers and bottling tomatoes and making Tim fresh salsa and GOING TO BED. But, it's high on the list.)

Megan said...

I have to agree with Kerry - I am not that big of a fun of I capture castle - of the rest I have read - I agree totally. There are some I will have to read per your recommendation.

Polly said...

I love I Capture the Castle too. I just had to back you up. And when my book club read it it was a popular choice.

jill said...

Thank you for the link to your book lists. I LOVE booklists. Seriously.

Related Posts with Thumbnails