Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fiesta

Last night there was a stake dance (planned by my mother) -Fiesta themed- that we went to. It --as most all dances do--rocked. Lindsay tried to re-teach Brett and I a bunch of lifts and flips and jumps, and it was awesome but I was surprised how much my stomach muscles ached afterwards. Remind me to do more ab exercises.
It really defies description how cool we all dance, but let me just say that Wyatt and I did the move from the movie 'The Cutting Edge.' (Okay, except without the throw at the end.) It's really quite surprising actually that the only injuries sustained were a few muscle aches and a bruised knee.

My dad is silly. p.s. this is the awesome headband I bought. Perfect for a fiesta.
Lindsay and Sterling had lots of fun. We're glad they made the trip out. Especially since as I said before, Lindsay helped teach us sweet moves. Except that sometimes she'd show us, and it would look sweet, and then I'd try it and land on my head. But I still looked cool, believe you me.
Mom and Dad. Dad doesn't really like to dance (although I must say when we danced together it was the awesomest thing since sliced potatoes), but he dances for Mom because apparently she makes it worth his while.

Good looking bunch? Thanks, I think so too.
Umm, see the guy in the black shirt-- Yeah, he's my brother. Try not to stare, he's retarded.
This is Lindsay Ann singing with soul.
This was taken by the babysitter before we left. Lindsay Ann wore purple and I thought it looked so smashing that I totally had to copy her. Oh, and you should really see/experience Wyatt getting duded up for a dance. He put on about 20 shirts and came in and asked if we liked each of them, took several hours gelling his hair and combing his beard. It was intense.
These are my little brothers Wyatt and Ethan. This has nothing to do with the dance, as it was taken earlier tonight and not at the dance at all, but I thought it was cute anyway.
And this is my dad and Wyatt and Ethan. I told Ethan he looked like he was picking his nose in this picture and he said, "I was."
The end.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

your family is too hilarious.
I need to plan a trip to utah soon!

Tracy said...

What a fun, fun family you have!

Your head band is so sweet! I hope you wear it often.

Lynn said...

HA hA. I LOVE your family. And thanks for always letting me know who each one is......they look nothing like the sweet little innocent kids I once knew. ; ) Hardly recognize them at all.

Your mom's dances sound amazing!
P.S. Love your new head band! Totally!

Melissa said...

I wish we had cool dances here.... I miss dancing.

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

why did i have to go and ruin a perfectly good picture of wyatt smiling?? Oh yea, because some songs just HAVE to be sung with soul!

Jenifer said...

How fun! It's hard to believe everyone is so grown up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails