Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another shirt-dress

Remember when I made a shirt-dress and had a cute little girl model it for me? Well, it was so fun I made another one, and had another cute little girl model it.
I think this pretty blue color is just beautiful on Hazel. And I love how cute and summery and fresh the dress looks. These are really easy to make--especially since the tutorial is so excellent. The only sort-of hard part for me was making the pattern. I think the armpits are tight on Hazel, but she says they aren't - I think because she wants to wear the dress. But it's okay, because luckily I have another daughter who will be able to wear this, well, now actually. It just fits a bit bigger on her. Anyhow. So if you feel an inkling, you really should head to the thrift store (or your husband's closet) and give it a go. I have another shirt waiting actually.

Typical Hazel. Jumping and smiling.

Gosh I love those big bows.
The hardest part of this whole project? The hair-do. I can never do two good braids. One maybe...but I had to do the other side over and over and over again. It kept getting worse. But it looked cute finally.

If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive. ~Eleonora Duse




And then we saw this little dearie on the way home.

2 comments:

dana said...

Another cute one! Adorable on her and where do you live? In a fairytale? Those green fields are always so gorgeous!

Kris said...

Cute! Where was that fence? And what did you use to make the one of her lighter/softer looking? I loved that pose. I got a way cute idea that I'm going to do for Morgan, so if it turns out cute I'll post some pics so check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails