Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Robin Hood

So, first and foremost, I now get to go to bed with a doctor. And I like that. :) Brett defended yesterday and his committee signed off and gave him a PhD. WAHOO! He said it went well, he got up later than he had meant to, and so had less time to prepare but thought he didn't do too poorly despite that, and his committee members were well-behaved (his word.) ;) He actually had to give his presentation again this morning to one of his committee members that couldn't make it yesterday. And he is at school right now finishing up the revisions so that he can hand in his dissertation tomorrow by noon. Adieu, adios, arrivederci, auf wiedersehen, au revoir and SAYONARA Purdue and graduate school! We'll miss you. NOT!!!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell about how I'm the worst wife ever!! Well, probably not really, but I did feel bad. Since Brett didn't get up as early as planned, he asked if I could buy some sodas and bring them and the treats to school for him for his defense, so I said sure. And then I got there and couldn't find him, and was wondering where he was, and found out that it started at 10:00, and not 11:00 like I'd thought. What kind of wife does that?! Anyway, I left the foodstuffs on a table by the room and Brett really didn't care at all, so I guess oh well.

So anyway. Here is another picture of us watching fireworks. Fun stuff. We had these stadium chairs that I got at a garage sale for 25 cents each and they were perfect.
And this was Ethne after the fun weekend. :)
Tonight Hazel, Ethne, and I got ourselves made up for a ball. We put on pretend makeup, did each other's hair, and had a swell time.
I actually really like having Hazel play with my hair. I think it feels like a head massage. And she was frustrated because Ethne kept trying to help her, and she said, "You're only little, so you pretend. But I'm big, so I'm learning, so when I'm grown up and have children I don't have to say 'I should have practiced more.'" Okay. Random.
This was my coiffure. The pink bow is a nice touch. Very flattering, don't you think?
And I made this Robin Hood hat for Jethro in a few minutes tonight --I don't really know why I made it tonight, but I did. Instructions here--very easy. Anyhoo, then I had to put a little facial hair on Jethro, which was awesome. So then I had to find a shirt, and then a belt from our Halloween/dress-up stash, and then well, you know how these things go--I just had to run to Jo-Ann's for the feather and then to the park really quick to snap a few pictures even though it was passed the kids' bedtimes and too dark really, but hey. It was fun. And Jethro looks AWESOME.
Faint hearts never won fair ladies.
-Robin Hood
(the rest of these quotes are dedicated to my brother Wyatt. I have good memories of watching this movie with him over and over and over... it gets funnier every time--especially when Wyatt rewinds a part for the 700th time)


Mommy! (sucks his thumb)
-Prince John

Criminently, now I know why your mama called you Nutsy.
-Sheriff of Nottingham

Sheriff: Is the safety on old Betsy?
Trigger: (pats the side of the crossbow) You bet it is, Sheriff.
Sheriff: That's what I was afraid of.
[after being stuffed into a barrel full of ale... ] Hiss: Please! Please! I don't drink!
-Hiss

Sheriff of Nottingham: 'Criminently,' Trigger! Point that peashooter the other way.

Prince John: That insolent blackguard... Oooh! I'll show him who wears the crown!
Hiss: I share your loathing, Sire. That scurrilous scoundrel who fooled you with that silly disguise, who dared to rob you and made you look so utterly ridiculous...
Prince John: Enough!
[swings at Hiss, who dodges him]
Prince John: Hiss, you deliberately dodged.
Hiss: But, but, but... Sire, please.
Prince John: Stop sniveling and hold still.
[Hiss holds still while Prince John hits him]
Hiss: [dazed] Thank you, Sire.

Robin Hood: [He and Little John are dressed as Gypsy women] Ooh-de-la-lay! Ooh-de-la-lay! Fortune tellers!
Little John: Fortunes forecast! Lucky charms!
Robin Hood: Catch the dope with your horoscope!

Prince John: Hiss! You're never around when I need you!
Hiss: Coming, coming.
[begins singing ‘For I'm a Jolly Good Fellow’ until Prince John uncorks the barrel he's in]
Hiss: Oh! there you are old boy! PJ, you're not going to believe this, but the stork is really Robin Hood.
Prince John: Robin Hood? UHHH.
[ties hiss around a pole]
Prince John: Get out of that if you can.
Clucky: Take that, you scurvy knave!
Prince John: Seize the fat one!

"Oode-lalley, Oode-lalley! Golly what a day!"
-Alan-A-Dale, the rooster

Oh, poppycock. Female bandits? What next? Rubbish.
-Prince John

Prince John: This crown gives me a feeling of power! *Power!* Forgive me a cruel chuckle. Heh-heh-heh. Power...

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh, I am so jealous that your husband is done! I will be throwing a party when Jared defends his dissertation.

Lynn said...

LOL! Your kids are hilarious!

Love the hair do they gave you. Reminds me of my sisters doing the same thing to me when they were little. I truly do think it's as good as a head massage....until the fight begins when someone has taken "too much" of their share on their side of my head. : D

Ginger said...

Yeah! Congrats to you all! I'm excited for you!

I watched Robin Hood about 700 times when I was a kid too. I could here all the voices in my head as I was reading those quotes...as well as some music. Silly.

Kerry said...

Who's driving this flying umbrella?

We got this movie for the kids to watch recently...my siblings and I LOVED it when we were young! good stuff!

You guys should look for a job in Kansas City, then you can live near us again!

Melissa said...

We loved Robin Hood as kids. My brother and I watched it so much the tape came off the VHS and my mom had to take it apart and tape it back to the reel. Ahh, good times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails