Monday, July 6, 2009

This weekend

Ethne got a trim. Before and after:
We went to Chicago. Traffic was awful. Brett vowed (yet again) that he will never go back.

We got to swim in a pool.
Talmage didn't like it.
Jethro did.
We watched a parade. Uncle Leo made faces. Hazel said "Happy 4th of July!" to everyone, and they --exactly according to her plan--bestowed much candy to her.
The kdis were very cute in their red, white, and blue. Except that it rained on us all through the parade, so they had to have jackets on.
Talmage LOVES Ethne. Awwwww. :)
We are a cute family.
Talmage and Isabel got tuckered out staying up late for the fireworks.
I have a cute honey.

And a red tongue.
This picture of Hazel watching the fireworks was taken in the dark with no flash, and on my camera it looked completely black. Then when I increased the light in Picasa it looked like this. Nifty eh.
Ooooh. Ahhhhh.
Watching the show.
I got to ride home holding this cute boy's hand.
I am grateful for this country. I am grateful that even though we have to drive through Chicago to get there, we can go visit my wonderful, fabulous sister and her family. I am grateful that she makes me pandequeso when we come. I am grateful for our new Suburban which is soooo roomy. I am grateful that Brett is defending his thesis tomorrow and after this week will never have to worry about schoolwork again. I am grateful that data and files stored on a laptop can be e-mailed (it was a very VERRRRRRY very VERY ugly moment when Brett realized he had left his laptop at Kami's house--after we arrived home to our house). The end.

5 comments:

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

It looks like you guys had too
much fun! BY the way, the pandequeso is MINE!! haha

Andrea said...

Loved the picture of Talmage and Isabel asleep. Way too cute.

The Holdaway's said...

Good luck Brett!

Kristi said...

you ARE a cute family!

Lynn said...

I am grateful for the internet too! It's been fun catching up with your family, now that we are finally back home again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails