Thursday, July 16, 2009

My boys

Jethro turned 7 this week. Can you believe it? It's amazing how kids just keep getting older like they have no control over it or something. Sheesh.

My oh my he's a cute kid.
I freezer-paper stenciled him his 7 shirt, but it was late and I was meaning to grab a different shirt --one that was a light blue. Oh well.
I pulled his first top tooth out last night. I was pretty impressed with myself, since heretofore Brett has done the pulling. But it was super super super wiggly and I couldn't leave it alone. You can kindof tell in these pictures that it is pushed back a little bit farther than normal, just cause it was so wiggly.
What a kid that Jethro is. Today he started reading a book called Ranger's Apprentice Book One: The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan, which is 250 pages long and finished it right after dinner! That was with a morning full of park/errands too. It's a very good book, I read it yesterday. Jethro loved it. He now wants to be a Ranger when he grows up. :)

And the other day, we went to Purdue and Talmage participated in a study. Jethro and the girls hung out with a girl while Talmage and I were doing the study, and when I came back in I asked the girl if Jethro talked her ear off. She said, "Well, he sure knows a lot about sharks." Hee hee. Then on the thank you postcard to Talmage that they always send, it said "You are lucky to have a knowledgeable big brother to teach you everything." I think he is pretty lucky. And so am I.

I freezer-paper stenciled a shirt for Talmage too, and it is my favorite so far. The above picture shows it the best. The below picture I just ADORE. What gorgeous eyes.
More pictures just cause he's cute.

Oh, what a sweetie head. Just wanna squeeze him.
In other news, why do kids have to be so destructive? I had a few things I meant to mention, but really the main one is that I was letting Ethne wear my black high-heeled shoes because she LOVES playing with them, and she took them outside and took them off and left them near the sidewalk, and only one was ever found. I think that some random person walking by took the other one. I don't think it's funny. I don't have any other black church shoes. Okay, that's a lie, I have the pair that I've had for like 12 years now or something, but really. Both Brett and my mom pinned the blame on me, saying "Why did you let her wear your nice shoes?" but really, who would expect one shoe to just walk off on its own? That's my story.

And finally, best news for last, Brett's coming home tomorrow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday to my birthday cousin! I had completely forgetten. He IS such a cute kid, and great job for taking out that tooth...I wouldn't have been able to do it without throwing up during the pulling. I'm feeling sick just thinking about it.

Oh, and neat-o shirts too!

Oh, and I don't blame you for letting Ethne play with your shoes. Anything to let the kids have a little fun once in awhile!

Lynn said...

That bites about your shoes!! Will you still let her play with your shoes?

I can just picture someone coming back to search your garbage now thinking that they might score for the other one. Don't throw the one you have left away. You never know....it just might reappear.
Maybe a dog took off with it and just might bring it back.

Yeah, I know.......I think WAY too much about this stuff. LOL!

LOVE the CUTE t-shirts!! You are SO handy!

Kristi said...

man, you have that freezer stencil thing down pat! love them. I still need to try it. they look so good. well, how could anything not look good on those handsome guys?

PerkinsClan said...

Ok, how do you freezer paper stencil? What, you expect me to google it or something? Way cute!

dana said...

I've probably said this before...but your little Talmage is SOOOO cute, that it almost makes me want to get pregnant again. Seriously, he's a doll.
And your freezer paper shirt is AMAZINGLY well done! I was going to ask, where did you get that shirt? but then I read further. It looks professional!
Cute stuff.
Cute boys.

Steve and Katrina said...

you are so good at freezer paper stencils. I have been dying to try it but haven't gotten around to it yet. I need paint and freezer paper and shirts. I don't know where to find plain boy t-shirts that don't have a pocket. The ones at Target have pockets and I don't like that. I need to look harder I guess.

Talmage just keeps getting cuter. If that's possible? And Jethro is so old! I'm pretty sure that I taught him in sunbeams. That is crazy!

beSlightlyAskew said...

Good to know about the shoes. Ethne kept taking my leopard print high heels off during nursery and wearing them herself (she wasn't quite satisfied with only petting them.) I will be very sure to not let her take off with them as I hunted and killed that leopard myself and would be very upset to have to kill another as that is just wasteful to kill a leopard for only one shoe. However, my zebra heels may enjoy having less competition in the favorite animal print shoe department.

Related Posts with Thumbnails