Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Sunday

I don't know that I have much to say. So, another picture post I guess. Good thing I have cute kids so it's not a hardship. :)
Redheads.
The kids before church today. Jethro was sick, that's why he's not in the picture.
The girls. (Oh, and Kami I bought the red dress for Elena when she turns 4. But Hazel's going to wear it in the meantime. It's even prettier in real life.) And why can I NOT get my hair to go how the hairdresser styled it after she cut it?!
Talmage in a hat. (So of course there had to be a picture. But don't worry, I'm sure there will be more pictures in the hat.)
And we walked to the park today and saw some ducks.
I know, I know, Jethro was too sick for church and yet not too sick for the park. Hmmm.
Oh, I do remember now that I have something to relate. Remember how Jethro got his bike stolen? Well, we first walked to the playground at Jethro's school (before the duck park), and there were some kids riding bikes around the parking lot. I saw one little boy on a bike that looked like Jethro's, so I pointed at it and Brett went over and looked at it. We knew it was Jethro's because there was tape around the handlebars where he had hung a toy shrunken head from it (it was in a pirate gift box from my sister...). Anyway, so Brett told the kid that it was his son's bike and asked where he got it. He said his dad found it on the road. Well, we ended up taking the bike, since it was Jethro's. But now I feel pretty yucky that we kinda yanked it out from under the kid. It was one of those things that we really should have thought about for a few minutes before approaching the situation, I guess. I'm truly not sure what was the best thing to have done--just let the kid keep the bike? What do you think we should have done? (oh, just as an aside, Jethro's been praying every day that he would find his bike.)

The sun and clouds were doing pretty things today.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh, I know what you mean. My son's hat (his favorite and most expensive one from his sister....it was a BYU hat) got stolen right out of his locker and this kid from school was seen wearing it. He claimed that he "found it".

It's bothered Dean to this day that he didn't just take it, when he saw that kid wearing it. It's one of those rare hats. And this kid had No idea was BYU was. (Dean had a LENGTHY discussion with this kid about it.) My kids are the only members in their school.

I think what you did was just fine. You told this kid that it was Jethro's bike. This other kid would completely understand knowing that it went back to the rightful owner since it wasn't a bike that his dad "bought". It was just a bike that was found. (Hmmmm......yeah right.) So don't feel bad about it. Jethro prayed about finding it and the Lord answered his prayer. The Lord truly does work in mysterious ways, eh? So glad a little boy's prayer was answered SO soon and in the way he wanted.

P.S. Love the little red dress and I must say LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!! Looks great!!!

Megan said...

I love the pictures of Talmage - he is soo cute - and looks like Brett adn Jethro in my opinion!! the bike situation is a hard one- two weeks till we see you!! Can't wait!!!

The Haws Family said...

Your hair is LONG and SO CUTE! Dont even tell me you can't style it a certain way, cause it was cute how it was. My hair, on the other hand, is in a permanent bun/pony tail because of clinic. I actually kinda like it that I have an excuse to do nothing with my hair.:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails