Saturday, September 13, 2008

haircut and big words

I gave Ethne a haircut and it looks kinda like a pageboy haircut, so I was thinking I might try to layer the sides up a bit too, but I'm worried that if I messed that up I'd end up with something really bad. It doesn't look bad if her hair is in a barrette, so maybe I'll just leave it. Anyway, here are some funny cheese pictures of her.
And some pictures of my other kids.
Jethro--what a guy. The other day he was reading to me because he's supposed to for at least 20 minutes every day, and he picked out the book 'Hot Cars, Cool Rides' which I bought from Goodwill a long time ago. I was pretty amazed by how well he could read some of the really tough words in there! I started writing them down. Here are a few:
engineered
traction
navigation
dynamic
aluminum
transmission
maneuver --I mean, maneuver? That's impressive. Then again, Brett is his father, so he's definitely heard these words before. :)
He also lost his second tooth. He totally knows about the tooth fairy now, which is okay I guess, but he asked me what I do with the tooth when I take it, and I was a little disturbed that he didn't even try to keep up the charade. (But I told him to from now on, for his siblings' sake.)

And here's a picture of ALL four of them at the same time. (Does it still scare you, Ands? It does still look like a lot all together, but fairly tame.)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

It's not quite so scary when they are all still like that. Still--four??? You old crazy lady!

Lynn said...

LOL!! The tooth fairy got caught in the act! Love his "toothless" grin.

I love the pics of the kids. It sure brings back memories when I brought the newest baby home......I would look at them all in amazement. You're an awesome mom.....especially if you are brave enough to cut hair! I am impressed!

Timothy Young said...

You expose your children to imagination-shrinking screen-based entertainment?!

And you call yourself a mother? Scandalous!

Andrea said...

Aren't you glad Timothy's blogging?? Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Just got caught up on your blog - cute pics - deep thoughts and sorry to hear you are on your own so much - that is hard but all for a good cause right?? Hang in there!
Megan

Related Posts with Thumbnails