Monday, September 8, 2008

Catch up

Here's some of the stuff that's been happening lately (I've meant to post so many times but things on my to-do list are for some reason just not getting done these days).
1. Today Talmage went for his 1 month check-up and he weighed 10 pounds and 9 ounces. What a chunk! Just think, it's only taken him 4 weeks to get up to half the weight it took Ethne two years to get to!
2. I was at a garage sale the other day and saw an old dress from the 70's. It was a long, button-up with yellow polyester skirt and empire waist. It was sweet. I bought it for Kami, because it seemed like something she would like to have. (When I mentioned this to Mom, she said, "You're feeding her addiction.") Well, last Sunday I went into my bedroom to get dressed for church, and I said to Brett, who was in the living room, "I found a dress at a garage sale the other day. Should I show it to you?" and he said, "Sure." So I put the dress on, and it fit remarkably well. And I said, "Are you ready for this?" and he said (having no idea what kind of a dress it was), "I'm ready." And I said, "Are you REALLY ready for this?" and he said, "I'm REALLY ready for this." And so I came out, and he saw the dress and his eyes bulged out and he said, "I am NOT ready for this!!!!" ha haa ha. It was awesome.
3. Hazel had her first day of Joy School last week and she was soooooo excited. It was a ton of fun and she asks me every night if tomorrow is Joy School day. These are some pictures I snapped before we left.
The big girl herself! My kids are getting sooooooo old! (I know I've said it before, but it amazes me almost every day!)
4. The kids were playing the other day on my bed burying each other. Fun stuff.

5. You know the cereal Honey Bunches of Oats? I really like it. Well, they came out with 'Just Bunches'--which is, astoundingly enough, just the bunches part of Honey Bunches of Oats. I even tried it and it is really good! There is a coupon on the Honey Bunches of Oats website for $2 off a box, but unfortunately, I could not get it to print. Ruff.
6. I dressed Ethne up in some boy clothes that were sitting out (from a garage sale) and slicked back her hair. Hilarious.
7. Kami and Leo came this weekend for a quick visit and to be here for Talmage's blessing. It was fun. Kami and I left all the kids (minus the babies--about whom everyone asked if they were twins) with the dads and went to the mall. It was fun to go to the mall together, except for the part where I hate not being my normal size. Grrrrrrr. Nothing so aggravating as a big chest. Brett said, "I don't understand the problem, there are plenty of women in the world who have a larger chest than you do." But it's just not NORMAL for me. So clothes just do not fit the right way. Anyway, that's the breaks when you're suckling a little baby.


And I had to post this picture of Kami getting Ana's hair ready for church, because she looks like such a mom. Kami and I often ask each other how we got to be grown-ups. (We may not always act like it, but by age, we are definitely grown-ups.)
8. I'm tired.
9. Here are the CUTE cousins. Talmage is pretty much as big, or bigger, than Isabel. Can't you feel the love? :)

10. So, the other night I had a dream that a guy who looked like Jude Law, who had an English accent, and whose name was Nigel, was going to kiss me. But I said, "I can't--it wouldn't be fair to Brett" or something to that effect. Anyway, that night after Brett had got home from work very late as usual I told him about the dream. Then we went on to talk about other things, and I mentioned that it would be nice if he had a cell phone so that I could call him. I said I wanted to call him that day to come home and help me clean the house and stuff (to get ready for Kami and Leo coming) and he said, "That's precisely why I don't want a cell phone," and I said, "Fine--I'll just call Nigel." Ha ha. Maybe it was funnier at the time. Oh well.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Kayli, every time I read your blog I kick myself for not knowing you better in "real life," because you seriously crack me up. I loved the Ethne-as-a-little-boy pic...how classic is that? Seriously, I was so amused. And I'm super excited to hear about the Just Bunches cereal, since Honey Bunches of Oats is my second favorite (have you ever tried Cracklin' Oat Bran? Way overpriced, so I can only justify it after I've just had a baby. It's my gift to myself). And I totally agree on the shopping after a baby thing. Nothing fits. And if it does fit, it makes you look like you should be working at a sports bar wearing very small shorts (and it won't fit in a month anyway). Silly babies.

Tracy said...

I laughed, it was funny. And the pictures are adorable-although it isn't fair to put Ethne in boy clothes when she would make a very cute little boy. And being a mommy of 4 is reason enough to be too busy.

Elders Quorum said...

Kate, while I was reading your blog Timothy walked by, glanced at a picture and said, "Talmage is definitely Kayli's and Brett's." Then a minute later he walked by and saw the picture of Hazel and Ethne together and said, "They have cute kids." Thought you'd want to know.

Lynn said...

2. I LOVE vintage clothes! Please let me see a picture of it!
5. You're kidding! YAY! I hope they have that up here at the stores.
6. Tsk. Tsk. I hope she doesn't become confused. KIDDING! : D She looks so cute no matter what she has on.
8. Awwwwwwww!!!!
10. LOL!!!!!

The Haws Family said...

Kate, you are awesome. Your kids are adorable. And I am SO STINKIN EXCITED for you to come visit me in October.

Amanda said...

Well tell Hazel tomorrow is joyschool! And I wanted to see a pic of the garage sell dress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails