Sunday, May 4, 2008

News and Random Tidbits

Firstly, here is the picture of Brett in his dashing new outfit as promised. (Do you say "outfit" for a guy--it kinda seems like a word you'd only use for a female's attire. ...Suit ....Ensemble? Anyway.) What a handsome guy. I'm sure you all agree.




Anyway, in other news, it is May, and my 7th anniversary is tomorrow. I have nothing planned in the least...so unless I come up with some sensational idea in my sleep, we'll probably just hang out and have FHE much the same as any other Monday. (If you have any sensational ideas, by all means throw 'em out there.)





Oh yeah, before I forget, did you all notice the sweet new header my Talented Sister Kami made for me? It's awesome. So, if any of you are google-readering this, definitely go check it out. I also added a couple quotes.





Exciting things coming up--we're planning a little vacation the last week of May to Washington D.C. We get to do this because the majority of the fuel will be paid for, courtesy of a guy who lives in Pennsylvania who bought a spare engine we had lying around, and will pay for our fuel if we deliver it to him. So, we'll probably stop at Kirtland the first night, then do D.C. for a couple days, then spend a day camping in Shenandoah National Park. That is, if I can drag Jethro and Brett away from the National Air and Space Museum. Once again, I'm open to ideas, this time from anyone who has toured D.C. and has any tips.





Hmmm, what else have I been thinking about lately? Oh. If any of you haven't read 'Little House on the Prairie,' or haven't read it since you were a kid, I recommend you read it again. It's a really good book! We've been reading it to the kids, and both Brett and I had to finish it ahead of time because it's so good. It's much more exciting than 'Little House in the Big Woods,' which we read to them already. Indians, wolves, fires, panthers, malaria, etc. I think I like it now because I think about what if it was Brett and I and our 3 kids out there on the prairie all alone. A different perspective than when I read it when I was little. Also, I've always just really liked pioneer stories.



And here's a picture of my baby belly. It's a bad picture--there is a toothbrush in my mouth (which makes me wonder why I'm even posting it), but nevertheless shows the size of my belly. It's pretty cute how Hazel likes to give the 'brand new teeny tiny baby' kisses sometimes before she goes to bed.


And here's a picture of Ethne with some underwear wrapped around her arms, because Jethro put them there and then told me to take a picture. Weird, but she's cute nonetheless. And with that, good night.

12 comments:

Lynn said...

I REALLY like that quote by Jean Rousseau you have posted. So good!
You are cute in your pj's and baby belly. I sure wish I looked cute pregnant. I soon realized that some women have it and some don't. I was definitely one of the don'ts. Had to wear the biggest maturnity outfit possible to hide everything. : (
I really like you new header too. Kami is quite the talented chick.

Rachael said...

as a google reader, i checked out your new header and it is definitely darling! way to go kami. and have fun in dc! i am so jealous--a pre-paid gasoline trip! way to go brett for selling the engine.

Katrina said...

I've been wondering when you'd show off your belly. So cute!

Kristi said...

I did notice your new header- love the tongues. so fun. i get to go to kirtland and dc too! but at the end of june. so fun.

Heather S. said...

I love your new header, it looks so awesome. I wish I had the talent to do those sorts of things.

I love how cute your belly looks. Mine hardly sticks out at all. Alexa gives my tummy a hug and kiss every night. It's really funny.

Maren said...

Way cute header - I'm impressed!

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

For the D.C. trip - Call your congressman, they can get you into things quicker and sometimes have tickets to events you couldn't get into otherwise. One of their staffers will also give you a personalized tour of the capital so you don't have to wait in line like everybody else. For the FBI - call ahead and make reservations - that will save you a lot of time standing in line as well (I think you can do it for the Bureau of Engraving and Printing too). I would suggest parking at a Park and Ride site on the outskirts and taking the metro into the city - It goes everywhere and is clean and safe and fairly cheap (There is hardly any parking). If you get a chance try to go to Mount Vernon (Washington's home) I found it very inspiring. It's a ways out of the city but not too far. I've also always wanted to go to Monticello (Jefferson's home) I've been to D.C. 4 times but never made it there. It's a ways out of the city too - but my sister says it's amazing. You also might want to buy a ride on a tour bus. It takes you around to all the different monuments. You can get off and walk around and then hop back on and go to the next one that comes by when you are done (the monuments look like they are close together - but they're not!) Wear VERY comfortable shoes!! You will be walking ALOT!!

That's all of the advice I can think of. I'm excited for you. I LOVE D.C.!! We're going this summer too. It'll be fun!

Christal said...

Oh your so cute toothbrush and all!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOO !!! Love the new header too and the husbands new "outfit attire" sharp! Love your door and wreath and color of your house too!
Hope you have/had a great anniversary 7 years awesome eh!!! Only gets better! We just had our 11th on may 2!! well have a great week ttyl

Rebecca said...

Awesome Header! Man, I'm behind on your blog...I need to catch up. I liked the Photo Tag. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kayli - I read your blog and I live near DC! I found you by reading Christy's for her knitting info and then fell in love with your photography. I have four kids too but they are older than your's.....16, 15, 14 and 14.

I live in Maryland, right outside of DC. If you need anything, just holler!

There will be a lot of walking but the metro is easy to use and reltively cheap. You can buy a one day pass for everyone for a little more than $7.00 and you can hop on and off with that. I can also recommend some easy kid friendly places to eat. The kids will lvoe the zoo but it is built into a hill so again, walking is significant there. But the panda exhibit is to die for.

The Smithsonian buildings and all of the other museums (other than the Spy Museum) are all free. You can go in and out of them all day. IMHO the Spy Museum is not worth what it would cost you to go.

I will think of more things to share and post again.

Hope this helps,
Jane (sadly, not a blogger yet)

Kayli said...

Thanks Tiffany and Jane for all the great advice!

Jane, I'm so glad that you came on to post about D.C. but mentioned you liked my photography -- that just makes me grin really big!! I also thought it was pretty cute that you write 16, 15, 14, AND 14, because otherwise we'd have to wonder if you forgot one of your kids! :)

If you ever start a blog, come back and let me know.
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Kayli - I have to admit, in thinking about your photography, I wonder how you will end up blogging with photos about DC. I bet it will be wonderful! It is a beautiful area and the photography opportunities are great. And the zoo is a great place to have at it!

I think you will enjoy your trip and I can't wait to see the photos.

I will look around for some other tips for you and I will post again!

Jane

Ps - Yes, I always post about the twins as 14 AND 14. They are identical twin boys. What a handful. Imagine two of your son, always having a partner in crime. Lots of fun though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails