Friday, May 9, 2008

Another tag.

My lovely friend (and Jethro's stellar primary teacher), Becky, tagged me to write six things about myself. So, you are all in for a special treat, since hearing about me is obviously a treat, which is why you are my faithful blog readers. Without further ado.

1. When I was little I was playing with my toddler sister Lindsay--chasing her around, and she fell and cut her forehead open on the corner of the wall. It needed many stitches and she still bears the scar. Another time I was holding my baby brother Ethan and I set him on the windowsill for a second while I turned around to do something, and he fell back out (pushing the screen out) and landed in the gravel-filled bottom of the window well below. So, should you ever consider asking me to babysit your children, you may want to give it a second thought.

2. I am so ignorant of music theory that it's just shameful. I am middling-to-good at playing (although probably deteriorating from my lack of practicing (except hymns, of course)), but ask me what that rest is called or how many counts that note gets, or anything at all about scales or keys, etc. and I am completely stumped.

3. My first kiss was underneath a huge pine tree near our church building in NoDak. The guy's dad was the bishop, so we were at the church late waiting for him to do whatever he was doing, and so we went back cause we weren't sure when he'd be done, but he hadn't come out of his office yet, so we played catch with the football together with his younger brothers. I thought it was so strange--the kiss (everyone thinks their first kiss is strange I think) and the fact that afterwards we were just playing football like any other night. Now, sisters of mine, did any of you know that?

4. I am very allergic to poison oak. I know that of course everyone can get rashes from poison oak, but I'm especially sensitive. Oooooh, how I hate the stuff. My brother Wyatt is too--some day I should track down the pictures of him when his face was tremendously swollen. He looked so frightening, like a big beastly ogre or something. It was very sad.

5. I think my kids are the most wonderful kids in the world. Okay, so that doesn't really count, because everyone should know that I think that. So, my real number 5 is that sometimes I start contemplating what it would be like if Brett died. What I would do, how I would react, etc. Or, even worse, is thinking about what Brett would do if I died, because I get afraid that he would forget me. Not really forget me, but forget to remember me, you know? And I've thought that the weirdest thing that could happen would be if Brett and all the kids died in an accident or whatever, and I moved to where no one knew me, and they'd see me and think I'm just this single, twenty-something girl, and just have no idea that I had this whole other life! Bizarre, eh? Come on, tell me you guys sometimes ponder these things too, I'm not the only morbid one?

6. Okay, so, a few people may know this, but not too many, so I feel like I'm revealing a big secret, (oooh!) but my sister Andrea and I have been writing a book. It's a fantasy about two girls in a magical environment---I can't give too much away, gotta leave you in suspense---but it sounds incredible so far, right? Actually, we're pretty much done with the rough draft so soon we'll publish and become instant millionaires. I'm sorry, I can't let you read it yet, so please don't call me to beg. (Unless of course you bring a great many bags of milk chocolate chocolate chips into the offer.) Andrea actually attended a writer's conference where she met some big authors--and they all told her that our book is extraordinary and they wish they had written it. Well, that's what they would have said had they read it. Kami has been our amazing Editor-in-Chief. I mean, we have a natural genius for writing, but she sometimes reminds us of adding little details like a plot. So, we have to give kudos to her. She just may make it into the dedication.

And that's all my six things, now I am supposed to tag six people, but I just can't bring myself to decide, so I tag everyone. You all must do it or else face my wrath. Now I've done my duty to try to get you to keep the tag going, and you can all feel free to ignore me.

Have a good night. Since Brett is gone to the fathers and sons campout, I may or may not make it to sleep before 3:00. (Good thing Kami called me earlier and we talked each other through dishes.)

4 comments:

The Haws Family said...

I did know about your first kiss. You told me about it when I told you about my first kiss. Which I still don't understand how you randomly called me that morning and asked if I'd been kissed yet. Crazy person. You also told me about your thinking morbidly and if your whole family died. Sad. Excited about the book though! I brought the first half that you gave me at Christmastime to give to Tim this weekend so he can start editing.

Carlie said...

So, about #3... would this mystery person be who I am thinking it is? If not then I am at a loss, but if the pieces fit together then this person may have some distant relation to me!! And oddly enough my first was at the same church with someone that might distantly be related to you!! what a coincidence!
~Carlie (Nordquist) Evans

The Haws Family said...

Carlie!!!! HOLY HANNAH GIRL!!!! I haven't heard from you in AGES!!! How is life? What are you up to? Where are you living? Whats going on school-wise? I hope everything is going great! You are awesome!

Lynn said...

COOL! Loved hearing about it all. I am excited about your book that you and your sister are writing.. I think you all have some amazing talents in your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails